A Fun Wine Quiz
  Re: (...)
At one of the wineries yesterday, one of the pourers mentioned this quiz to take to find out the types of wine we prefer or would (maybe) enjoy. It certainly got me correct in my preferences.

http://budometer.com/cgi/loadinterview.cgi#

What should you all be liking?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by cjs (At one of the wineri...)
I tried it! Very cool quiz. I didn't recognize any of the wines, and from the prices I guess I have better taste than I thought.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by cjs (At one of the wineri...)
Talk about hitting the nail on the head! Thanks for sharing that. Interesting that they listed wines that we both like and enjoy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by Harborwitch (Talk about hitting t...)
Same here, I'm copying mine out to take to town where I have a better selection. I'm always struggling with which vineyard and year to choose. The Rosemount Estate Shiraz 2000 at the top of my list is one I think I've seen...and I've really gotten into Shiraz lately.

Thanks for sharing Jean. I can't wait to quiz William.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by Gourmet_Mom (Same here, I'm copyi...)
How about that!!?! I like red!!! Thanks Jean.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by Old Bay (How about that!!?! ...)
(me too, Bill....surprise!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by cjs ((me too, Bill....sur...)
I tested as a hyper-sensitive taster. Not sure if that's right, because I enjoy lots of variety in wines. Oh well, it was a fun little exercise.
  Re: Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by HomeCulinarian (I tested as a hyper-...)
How interesting! The Rosemount Estate Shiraz was at the top for me, too, and I think that that the antiquated state-run liquor store system in PA actually has that one! I'm not familiar with the others, but I have a list that I keep for when we wander out of state...
Thanks for posting this, Jean.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by foodfiend (How interesting! Th...)
Quote:

How interesting! The Rosemount Estate Shiraz was at the top for me, too, and I think that that the antiquated state-run liquor store system in PA actually has that one! I'm not familiar with the others, but I have a list that I keep for when we wander out of state...
Thanks for posting this, Jean.

I lived Pa. for 5 years--state stores suck, the Secretary of Wine drinks beer--at least when I lived there!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A Fun Wine Quiz by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

I lived Pa. for 5 years--state stores suck, the Secretary of Wine drinks beer--at least when I lived there!!

We live in a town just over a bridge from Philly. The liquor stores in NJ are open for biz whenever they want to be, which is 14/7. PA State Store close down on Sunday. Also, you can't purchase liquor and beer in the same place in PA, something I never understood. But that's the LCB. On any Sunday, clearly the out of state plates number 9/1 at the two closest stores to the bridge.

Sometimes the State Troopers set up a road block and tax or take going back to PA. It can get quite expensive depending on what you're carrying to risk.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.