Cuisine at home Forums
A Fun Wine Quiz - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: A Fun Wine Quiz (/showthread.php?tid=73071)

A Fun Wine Quiz - cjs - 01-03-2009

At one of the wineries yesterday, one of the pourers mentioned this quiz to take to find out the types of wine we prefer or would (maybe) enjoy. It certainly got me correct in my preferences.

http://budometer.com/cgi/loadinterview.cgi#

What should you all be liking?

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - luvnit - 01-03-2009

I tried it! Very cool quiz. I didn't recognize any of the wines, and from the prices I guess I have better taste than I thought.

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - Harborwitch - 01-03-2009

Talk about hitting the nail on the head! Thanks for sharing that. Interesting that they listed wines that we both like and enjoy.

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - Gourmet_Mom - 01-03-2009

Same here, I'm copying mine out to take to town where I have a better selection. I'm always struggling with which vineyard and year to choose. The Rosemount Estate Shiraz 2000 at the top of my list is one I think I've seen...and I've really gotten into Shiraz lately.

Thanks for sharing Jean. I can't wait to quiz William.

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - Old Bay - 01-03-2009

How about that!!?! I like red!!! Thanks Jean.

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - cjs - 01-03-2009

(me too, Bill....surprise!)

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - HomeCulinarian - 01-03-2009

I tested as a hyper-sensitive taster. Not sure if that's right, because I enjoy lots of variety in wines. Oh well, it was a fun little exercise.

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - foodfiend - 01-03-2009

How interesting! The Rosemount Estate Shiraz was at the top for me, too, and I think that that the antiquated state-run liquor store system in PA actually has that one! I'm not familiar with the others, but I have a list that I keep for when we wander out of state...
Thanks for posting this, Jean.

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - Old Bay - 01-03-2009

Quote:

How interesting! The Rosemount Estate Shiraz was at the top for me, too, and I think that that the antiquated state-run liquor store system in PA actually has that one! I'm not familiar with the others, but I have a list that I keep for when we wander out of state...
Thanks for posting this, Jean.

I lived Pa. for 5 years--state stores suck, the Secretary of Wine drinks beer--at least when I lived there!!

Re: A Fun Wine Quiz - BarbaraS - 01-03-2009

Quote:

I lived Pa. for 5 years--state stores suck, the Secretary of Wine drinks beer--at least when I lived there!!

We live in a town just over a bridge from Philly. The liquor stores in NJ are open for biz whenever they want to be, which is 14/7. PA State Store close down on Sunday. Also, you can't purchase liquor and beer in the same place in PA, something I never understood. But that's the LCB. On any Sunday, clearly the out of state plates number 9/1 at the two closest stores to the bridge.

Sometimes the State Troopers set up a road block and tax or take going back to PA. It can get quite expensive depending on what you're carrying to risk.

Barbara