Air Fryer ?
  Re: Air Fryer ? by madmax (Hi All, I'm reall...)
Ours is easy to clean as well. The square pan lifts out just like Alina mentioned and Ron uses a fine mesh strainer to strain the oil right into two 1/2 gallon containers that go into our basement fridge. The oil lasts quite a long time that way.

We finally realized that buying a larger fryer was the thing to do because it uses more oil, therefore it stays hotter and also recovers quickly for a second fry. Also, that heating element under the removable pan works so much better than the other fryer we had.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks Maryann and Alina....geez, I swore no more appliances!! I'm too old and my kitchen/storage is too small. Tongue Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, I did too, Jean. But... Ron really loves to fry French fries, egg rolls, onion rings, mushrooms, and wings. Not good for us, I know, so we try to not "overdo". Wink
Maryann

For me it's empanadas, homemade chicken nuggets and beef wontons. And one of the things on my kitchen bucket list is yeast donuts and beignets.

BTW, completely OT, but Costco has Red Lobster mix for the biscuits and they are really good. Even I could make them.
Oh my, I made beignets. waaaaay back in the early 80s and we dearly loved them. Guess it's time to revisit.. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'll add that I'm with Maryann and Alina.  Mine works much the same way, and we fry the same things Maryann mentioned, but not often.  I like baked fries and grilled wings, but every now and then, I need the real thing.  (Although, living in the real world has allowed me to have them at somebody else's kitchen these days.  LOL!). But I'd love to try some of Alina's ideas!  Although, Andrew has hijacked the thing right now.  I'm letting it stay there for now to resist temptation.  But I can't let it stay too long, or he'll think he has adopted it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Let me just throw my two cents in here . . . YEARS ago, my dad was the person that every infomercial was made for - he never met a gadget he didn't like. Thanks goodness, this was a while before cable really came into its own and we are blessed with gadgets on every channel now. However, he bought me one of those air fryers, and to be honest, we used it a lot back in the day. It would make great crispy wings and fries without the mess of deep frying, and my baking wings never seemed to produce crispy results like we wanted. I used to bake in the thing, found it quite handy. Unfortunately, something eventually bit the dust, cant remember if it was the heating element or the fan, but it went to the curbside. I did use it a lot when it worked.
Aha!1 Thanks Linda - now to get Tracie Lee back here. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
My decades long idol, Cristina Ferrare, her daughter has been promoting the Philips air fryer.  If Cristina is A-OK with that one, I would be too.

For those of you who know of and like Cristina, she has some form of blood cancer.  I feel so bad her but she seems to be being very positive and on her FB page, she tries to do a bi-weekly cooking segment with Maria Shriver.  It's pretty funny.  They are both heavily into eating healthy to avoid Alzheimer's.  Runs on both families.
Trixxee, I'm sorry to hear that about Christina. Do you know if she is receiving any kind of treatment?
Maryann