Beer Pizza Crust!
  Re: (...)
Okay, this sounds promising. I haven't tried it, but I bet I will soon. We have no beer right now.

Beer Pizza Crust

Original recipe makes 1 pizza

1 cup flat beer
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast

Directions
Put beer, butter, sugar, salt, flour, and yeast in a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting, and press Start.

Remove dough from bread machine when cycle is complete. Roll or press dough to cover a prepared pizza pan. Brush lightly with olive oil. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Spread sauce and toppings on top of dough. Bake until crust is lightly brown and crispy on the outside, about 24 minutes.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Beer Pizza Crust! by luvnit (Okay, this sounds pr...)
I know I played with beer dough, but can't remember what we thought. Can't even remember if it's in the book. (We're on the road, so can't look)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Beer Pizza Crust! by cjs (I know I played with...)
I think that is something I can safely say we have never run out of - beer. And I don't drink any of it, ever.
  Re: Re: Beer Pizza Crust! by Trixxee (I think that is some...)
Well, pizza dough is bread and people refer to beer as liquid bread, so why not?

Although I don't like drinking beer, I do like cooking with it and this idea sounds interesting.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Beer Pizza Crust! by labradors (Well, pizza dough is...)
We watched an episode yesterday of "You Gotta Eat Here". It was a pizza joint in Winnipeg. For one of the pizzas, they replaced 75% of the liquid in their standard dough with beer. Apparently, it's one of their best sellers.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Beer Pizza Crust! by Lorraine (We watched an episod...)
Well DUH!! My Beer and Rye Pizza dough................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Beer Pizza Crust! by Lorraine (We watched an episod...)
I think that one of the recipes for no-knead bread called for beer because I remember trying it once. But, haven't tried it for pizza crust. Yet...

Okay, I looked it up and it is The Cooks Illustrated recipe for no-knead sandwich bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Beer Pizza Crust! by Mare749 (I think that one of ...)
You guys are going to have to help me remember all this in January!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.