Cuisine at home Forums
Beer Pizza Crust! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Beer Pizza Crust! (/showthread.php?tid=164039)

Beer Pizza Crust! - luvnit - 08-19-2014

Okay, this sounds promising. I haven't tried it, but I bet I will soon. We have no beer right now.

Beer Pizza Crust

Original recipe makes 1 pizza

1 cup flat beer
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast

Directions
Put beer, butter, sugar, salt, flour, and yeast in a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting, and press Start.

Remove dough from bread machine when cycle is complete. Roll or press dough to cover a prepared pizza pan. Brush lightly with olive oil. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Spread sauce and toppings on top of dough. Bake until crust is lightly brown and crispy on the outside, about 24 minutes.

Re: Beer Pizza Crust! - cjs - 08-19-2014

I know I played with beer dough, but can't remember what we thought. Can't even remember if it's in the book. (We're on the road, so can't look)

Re: Beer Pizza Crust! - Trixxee - 08-19-2014

I think that is something I can safely say we have never run out of - beer. And I don't drink any of it, ever.

Re: Beer Pizza Crust! - labradors - 08-19-2014

Well, pizza dough is bread and people refer to beer as liquid bread, so why not?

Although I don't like drinking beer, I do like cooking with it and this idea sounds interesting.

Re: Beer Pizza Crust! - Lorraine - 08-19-2014

We watched an episode yesterday of "You Gotta Eat Here". It was a pizza joint in Winnipeg. For one of the pizzas, they replaced 75% of the liquid in their standard dough with beer. Apparently, it's one of their best sellers.

Re: Beer Pizza Crust! - cjs - 08-19-2014

Well DUH!! My Beer and Rye Pizza dough................

Re: Beer Pizza Crust! - Mare749 - 08-19-2014

I think that one of the recipes for no-knead bread called for beer because I remember trying it once. But, haven't tried it for pizza crust. Yet...

Okay, I looked it up and it is The Cooks Illustrated recipe for no-knead sandwich bread.

Re: Beer Pizza Crust! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-20-2014

You guys are going to have to help me remember all this in January!