Old C@H Magazine Delimma
  Re: (...)
For those of you who have the C@H c.d. with issues 1 thru 96 on it - what have you done with your hard copy magazines??

Anyone gotten rid of them? This is a really hard decision, but I am trying so hard to downsize.... aaargh...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by cjs (For those of you who...)
A local Culinary school may be very glad to get them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by Lorraine (A local Culinary sch...)
Yeah, I'm just wondering how many of us are willing to give up the hard copies even having the C.d.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by cjs (Yeah, I'm just wonde...)
Right now, I really enjoy the luxury of looking through old copies of the magazine, but I can definitely see a time when the CD will have to suffice. At some point, we will have to/want to downsize. Browsing electronically is fun, but very different from a hard copy, y'know?
  Re: Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by karyn (Right now, I really ...)
You know, that's the thing about converting to new media. Throw out the old to make way for the new or what?

I would love to get the new DVDs, but I've made notes in some of the recipes that I don't want to lose.

Space vs Sentimentality.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by BarbaraS (You know, that's the...)
My hard copies are here to stay. I don't even use the CD, unless I need to copy/paste a recipe for someone (instead of scanning).
  Re: Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by losblanos1 (My hard copies are h...)
I am anxious to get my digital copy. We'll see about what I do with my hard copies when I do. But the number of old cookbooks I still hold onto today are telling. But at least I could store them away.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by cjs (For those of you who...)
We're thinking about getting the digital version - living in the RV it's hard to keep acumulating magazines and Bob is ready to strangle me. I did check and there are people selling them on Ebay. I've also seen them in Thrift Stores (like Hospice, Humane Society, etc.) and used book stores.

My big concern is the monthly update thing - or do you have to wait for a year?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by Harborwitch (We're thinking about...)
I'd like to hear the update question answered.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma by Gourmet_Mom (I'd like to hear the...)
I can't give up my hard copies of the ones I have because I have made many notations and until C@H allows us to add notes to the recipes I'm keeping them.