Cuisine at home Forums
Old C@H Magazine Delimma - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Old C@H Magazine Delimma (/showthread.php?tid=149340)

Old C@H Magazine Delimma - cjs - 04-02-2013

For those of you who have the C@H c.d. with issues 1 thru 96 on it - what have you done with your hard copy magazines??

Anyone gotten rid of them? This is a really hard decision, but I am trying so hard to downsize.... aaargh...

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - Lorraine - 04-02-2013

A local Culinary school may be very glad to get them.

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - cjs - 04-02-2013

Yeah, I'm just wondering how many of us are willing to give up the hard copies even having the C.d.....

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - karyn - 04-02-2013

Right now, I really enjoy the luxury of looking through old copies of the magazine, but I can definitely see a time when the CD will have to suffice. At some point, we will have to/want to downsize. Browsing electronically is fun, but very different from a hard copy, y'know?

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - BarbaraS - 04-02-2013

You know, that's the thing about converting to new media. Throw out the old to make way for the new or what?

I would love to get the new DVDs, but I've made notes in some of the recipes that I don't want to lose.

Space vs Sentimentality.

Barbara

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - losblanos1 - 04-02-2013

My hard copies are here to stay. I don't even use the CD, unless I need to copy/paste a recipe for someone (instead of scanning).

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - Gourmet_Mom - 04-02-2013

I am anxious to get my digital copy. We'll see about what I do with my hard copies when I do. But the number of old cookbooks I still hold onto today are telling. But at least I could store them away.

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - Harborwitch - 04-02-2013

We're thinking about getting the digital version - living in the RV it's hard to keep acumulating magazines and Bob is ready to strangle me. I did check and there are people selling them on Ebay. I've also seen them in Thrift Stores (like Hospice, Humane Society, etc.) and used book stores.

My big concern is the monthly update thing - or do you have to wait for a year?

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - Gourmet_Mom - 04-02-2013

I'd like to hear the update question answered.

Re: Old C@H Magazine Delimma - DFen911 - 04-02-2013

I can't give up my hard copies of the ones I have because I have made many notations and until C@H allows us to add notes to the recipes I'm keeping them.