Sunday Dinner, 5/2??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

Working on the dessert last night, I didn't get to enjoy the crab fest, so I was sent home with a huge pan of them...so WE will clean them and do something for Brunch at least and maybe dinner...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Wish I was there to help eat those, Jean. We love crab!

Today will be pizza on the grill. My girls and their families are camping and will be home tonight, so thought I'd surprise them. Will be using recipes from Jean's new book, Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by Mare749 (Wish I was there to ...)
Oh my, how happy that makes me, Maryann.

Used 8 oz. (of 26 oz. of crab meat) for cranberry/crab dip and used part of it for a Crab Dip Omelet (deconstructed )
Crab Dip
[Image: crabspread.jpg]

and leftovers go into -
[Image: CrabDipOmeletCassplated.jpg]

Now, have to find crab at a farmers market so this can be used in book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by cjs (Oh my, how happy tha...)
Jean, that baked omelet looks fantastic! Wish I could eat crab. Oh well, lots of other goodies out there for me to consume!

Not sure about dinner. Something with chicken.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by esgunn (Jean, that baked ome...)
Those dishes look scrumptious, Jean. I'm sure you can get crab at the larger farmer's markets. Our West Side Market has a seafood department and I'm sure there are many others, especially in coastal areas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by Mare749 (Those dishes look sc...)
That crab looks wonderful! I really miss crab from the West Coast here in Atlanta. Crab that is raised in warmer water just doesn't taste the same.

I'm making a muffaletta stromboli that is loosely based on a Cook's Country recipe. I'm not sure what I'll do for a salad or veggie yet.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by cjs (Oh my, how happy tha...)
Wow!! Holy Crap!! Does that look AWESOME!

I have a Q for you Jean, what is Biardi crab? Is this a special like soft shells you get in Maryland?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by BarbaraS (Wow!! Holy Crap!! ...)
I've not heard of Biardi crab, so maybe it is an east coast variety. We have wonderful, beautiful Dungeness and Alaskan King here.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by cjs (I've not heard of Bi...)
Oh, Jean, that omelet looks DELICIOUS!

Today, I finally made the Chicken Burritos with Black Beans and Pepper Jack. I was afraid William wouldn't try it...not a big burrito fan, so I made them for lunch and offered leftover burgers for him to choose from. We really liked them...he tried it, and he liked it!

For dinner, I just grilled some buttermilk brined chicken with corn and salad. I wanted something easy. The weather was GORGEOUS all weekend, so I spent maximum time on the deck with a book.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Jean, that omele...)
"The weather was GORGEOUS all weekend," - it's really not nice to brag, Daphne! It rained all weekend except for a few hours Saturday night when we were serving the crab fest outside - someone up there loves Sara.

"...he tried it, and he liked it!" - love to hear that.
www.achefsjourney.com