OT a bit, my grill
  Re: (...)
Went outside on the deck yesterday to clean up my grill. It's fairly big, a 3 burner, with a sear burner I love. Where was it? My first thought was that someone stole it. Then I checked in the pool. Sure enough, under all that murky green water (we didn't cover it this year because we need to either replace the liner or tear it down) was the outline of my grill.

It was pretty windy here on Thursday, and since I used it on Wednesday, that must have been the day the wind knocked it over and propelled it into the pool. That's at least 20 feet, if not more.

So, now we're draining the pool. We'll get it out, then blow it off and let the sun dry it off, and see if we can salvage it.

No cookouts for us for a while.

PJ
PJ
  Re: OT a bit, my grill by pjcooks (Went outside on the ...)
Oh My Lord, PJ - those must have been some horrendous winds! I'm so sorry, but I'm laughing and spewing coffee. (I'll go away now )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by cjs (Oh My Lord, PJ - tho...)
It is funny, Jean, even we had to laugh. It's far enough in the pool, lying on it's face, that it must have flown in, bobbed around a bit and sunk. That's one hell of a gust.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by pjcooks (It is funny, Jean, e...)
I'm really trying not to laugh, PJ, but what a sight that had to be! So sorry it happened to you though.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by Mare749 (I'm really trying no...)
Oh, my! You'll have to tie a leash to that puppy! Sure hope it will still work properly once it's all cleaned and dried.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by pjcooks (It is funny, Jean, e...)
Maybe it was the same day "The Old Man In The Mountain" disappeared--that had to be a wind!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by Old Bay (Maybe it was the sam...)
Oh my gosh! I'm ashamed to say that I chuckled too That's an unusual way to deep clean your bbq

I cannot imagine a wind gust that would blow a bbq that size into a pool. Man I really hate the wind.

I agree with Labs...chain that puppy down.
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by DFen911 (Oh my gosh! I'm asha...)
Man, I'm so glad you all are as sick as I am - laughing at this tragedy....shame on us
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by cjs ( Man, I'm so glad yo...)
No, it's funny. Pool is drained to within 4 inches of the grill. I've learned my lesson, the grill will go on the house wall, not the rail of the deck wall.

Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of the fall of the Old Man, Bill. Lots of talk and ideas to replace but it's something that can't be replaced. So, the Old Man has died, and may he rest in peace.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT a bit, my grill by pjcooks (No, it's funny. Poo...)
Quote:

No, it's funny. Pool is drained to within 4 inches of the grill. I've learned my lesson, the grill will go on the house wall, not the rail of the deck wall.

Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of the fall of the Old Man, Bill. Lots of talk and ideas to replace but it's something that can't be replaced. So, the Old Man has died, and may he rest in peace.

PJ

My God, It's been seven years. He lives on a quarter--that's better than any of us will do. RIP. I really believe your grill will survive.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".