T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th??
  Re: (...)
My Lord, another month bites the dust - where the heck is time going??????

What are you all having?

I'm doing kind of a tasting menu tonight. I want to grill a small steak to use up the morel butter and saute on and also want to make Heidi's Birthday Chipotle Shrimp. (better bring that to the top to remind all of us)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by cjs (My Lord, another mon...)
I am leaving tomorrow for a week to pack up the house in Missouri. We are supposed to close next Friday. So tonight is a simple grilled salmon on cedar plank with a baked potato and salad. I wish I was having the special at my favorite brew pub here "Hawaiian Seabass with Curried Spaetzle, Grilled Shiitake Mushrooms & Snow Peas 19.99" The curried spaetzle sounds interesting. And salmon mousse is the appetizer. yum.
I may not be on the forum much, if at all next week. Someone remind Jean if she forgets and gets worried. I will go to my room now.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by chef_Tab (I am leaving tomorro...)
See that you do (go to your room )

Won't it be wonderful when you're all together and in one spot! But, sounds like you're going to be living around boxes until you find your new 'castle.' Safe trip!

Well, that's two on journeys this week - Theresa and Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by cjs (See that you do (go ...)
I have no idea. It is a gym night so needs to be in the crock pot. I thawed a pork tenderloin the other day that I didn't get to, so probably something with that.

Anyone have any good pork tenderloin in the crock pot recipes? With no special ingredients(I can't get to the store before we head out this afternoon).
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by esgunn (I have no idea. It ...)
You might try this Erin - easy and fast and slow... (I've used pieces of pork tenderloin in this)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder

2 large onions -- halved, sliced
1 boneless pork shoulder roast
Salt and pepper
1 jar apple jelly -- (12 ounces) (I've also used different jellies)
1/2 cup chicken broth or water
2 tablespoons grainy mustard

Arrange onion slices in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Wash the roast and pat dry; leave it in its netting and place on the onions. Combine remaining ingredients in a cup; pour over the roast. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Turn to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours longer.

Serves 6 to 8.

Description:
"It's hard to beat a pork shoulder for flavor and tenderness, and it's one of my family's favorite pork cuts. This dish is made with a boneless pork shoulder, slow cooked to perfection with a tangy mixture of apple jelly and coarsely ground mustard"
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by cjs (You might try this E...)
Friday nights we dance... and lately we've been meeting friends for dinner before. Tonight is pizza at the bowling alley... actually, they make really good food there.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by HomeCulinarian (Friday nights we dan...)
Tonight I'm going to try to recreate a spicy shrimp, eggplant dish we had at a Thai place in Ottawa. I've got the shrimp in a curry marinade to be grilled later for topping the eggplant and noodles, then chopped peanuts for garnish.....oh and wine
Theresa, I'm so happy you'll finally have all your stuff and be ready to buy a place of your own.
Tomorrow we're going to hike up to Evergreen Lake and try to catch some more of those troutsies we're holding in our facebook photo. That hike ends with lunch and wine before we spend the day fishing. I'm planning crabcakes for the picnic lunch....oh and wine
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by farnfam (Tonight I'm going to...)
"Tomorrow we're going to hike up to Evergreen Lake and try to catch some more of those troutsies we're holding in our facebook photo. That hike ends with lunch and wine before we spend the day fishing. I'm planning crabcakes for the picnic lunch....oh and wine "Oh Cis, what a fun day this sounds like!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by cjs (You might try this E...)
Ooh. that looks good Jean. I had already started Mexican black beans with pork. I will save this one to use in a week. With Steve gone I'll be using the crock pot even more. Looking for a real variety of recipes. It is amazing how many mexican dishes I seem to cook in the crock pot.

If this one is good, I'll share it. Sure was easy.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Apr. 30th?? by cjs (My Lord, another mon...)
While we are on the road we're having our big meal at noonish, and sammies and snacks in the motel tonight.

So "supper" today was in Dickenson, ND (we got a late start) at a place called "Dakota Diner". The special on the last Friday of the month is "cheese buttons" - a ND specialty that we hadn't been able to try yet so we had those (a big poofy noodle filled with dry cottage cheese) topped with diced onions cooked in butter until soft. They came with the soup and salad bar. We were evil and had the beer cheese soup and a nice salad. We've learned to avoid most 'creamy' salads in ND - almost always made with Miracle Whip (gag) and enough sugar to bake a cake so we were pretty good calorie wise! The cheese buttons were yummy.

I'll try to post a picture of the place - the counter seats are bucket seats from cars!!! Right now we're 130 miles from Billings, MT.

Congrats on selling the house Theresa. Safe travels and don't over-do packing & schlepping.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!