Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th?
  Re: (...)
We are definitely on a different food regime for a couple of months - we have over-indulged for the last time until we get some of this weight off!!! (now that I've said it out loud, I can't renege without the whole world knowing.... )

What are you all up to?

I'm going to get my healthy books out for some ideas. (I've even told Roy we can't have a regular Cinco de Mayo dinner this year! no flan!) gonna be some b*tching around here, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by cjs (We are definitely on...)
Hubby has a business dinner out tonight so my daughter and I might go to a local tavern for dinner. She has a hair appt, we have a couple of houses to look at, just generally a busy day, and may as well grab dinner while in town. Daughter leaves me on Thursday so I am trying to get in as much fun as possible.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by chef_Tab (Hubby has a business...)
Enjoy your day Theresa. And good luck house hunting. Good luck with the eating (or not) Jean. Those quick chicken dishes in the front of cooking light are a nice option.

I am making Steve and the kids crock pot lasagna. I am dropping the kids off at gym, then I am off to a Thai food dinner with a friend and a stay in a hotel. Sleeping in tomorrow - all by myself! Then some shopping and home for one more evening with the family before Steve leaves Thursday AM.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by cjs (We are definitely on...)
I think we're having pizza. Gotta clean out the fridge before we leave and there's all kinds of pizza type goodies in there.

Then it's just make up sandwiches and snacks for the trip to finish emptying it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by Harborwitch (I think we're having...)
We're having pizza, too. I peeked in the freezer and have some bbq sauce, caramelized onions, and roasted chicken, along with assorted cheese in the fridge and so it sounds like bbq chicken pizza is what's for dinner.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by karyn (We're having pizza, ...)
oh thanks guys, pizza does sound good!

When do you leave, Sharon?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by cjs (oh thanks guys, pizz...)
We're going out tonight to a local Mexican restuarant known for being reasonably priced. It will be our first time at their new location. Should be good. Tomorrow is a banquet, Thursday Hubby's out of town and I have an event to go to, then it's FRIDAY!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by cjs (oh thanks guys, pizz...)
We were supposed to leave Thursday. I don't want to head out with just enough of my meds. to just make it home on time. Thinking about the weather and just life in general I wanted to get extra week. Well they want 11.88 each prescription for 1 week each if I pick them up Wednesday, one day before the insurance company will pay for the refill. So we're leaving Friday - at the crack of weird so that I can get the pills on Thursday! @#$%&*@##

First time I've ever run up against this one! Dumb@$$'s!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by Harborwitch (We were supposed to ...)
Well, good grief, Sharon. That's a bummer!

Pizza does sound good. I'm either going to grill salmon or make chicken burritos. Now that I've seen it in print, I'm thinking it'll probably be the salmon. I've got frozen corn on the cob and some leftover salad, so that'll probably be dinner. Wish me luck with the grill. It's STILL blowing around here. I'll be glad when this front finally pushes past us!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, Apr. 27th? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, good grief, Sh...)
Decided to do a shrimp and corn with Basil over rice (a 4 point recipe, so must be kind of healthy ). Geez, just can't get away from b.b. and corn....

Also, I'm making Carrot-Miso Dressing with Carrot juice...really getting into this, aren't I?
www.achefsjourney.com