Looking For Recipe
  Re: (...)
It happened, I lost an issue that had one of my favorite flnak steak recipes in it. I have no idea what issue it was in but I think it had a couple of flank steak recipes and tips in it. It was a marinade for grilling an "asian-flavored" flank steak for lettuce wraps and then on the side it had a recipe for using the lefover for stir fry. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  Re: Looking For Recipe by csizemore (It happened, I lost ...)
If no one finds it and posts it by tomorrow a.m., I'll try to find it for you - we just got home from out of town, so not tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by cjs (If no one finds it a...)
Welcome, csizemore! I hope you will join in our regular chats. But either way, most everyone on here is willing to help out when a new member looses a magazine.

Here are the two likely wrap recipes. The second one here was one of two in the same issue. I have the first, but not the second. Be sure to let us know if either of these is what you're looking for.

Five-spice beef wraps
Cuisine at home No. 51 (June 2005), page 7

The beefy flavor and meaty texture of flank steak make it perfect for wraps. Be sure to dice it fairly small (a scant 1") so it's easy to eat.

Teriyaki Fired Beef Wraps
Cuisine at home No. 46 (August 2004), pages 10-11

This Asian inspired dish is case in point that grilled flank steak doesn't always have to taste like traditional barbecue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome, csizemore! ...)
Hi! I am new to this forum but look forward to chatting recipes in the future!

However did you find those recipes Gourmat Mom? Thank you so much. I am 99.99% positive it is the Teriyaki Fired Beef Wraps recipe in No. 46 that I am searching for with the stir fry recipe on the same page for leftovers.

Does anyone have that issue?
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by csizemore (Hi! I am new to thi...)
The Cuisine at Home Homepage has a link on the bottom left navigation bar entitled "Magazine Customer Service". If you click on that, you will be taken to a page where you can log in for customer service. There are two ways to log in: At the top is the method using your customer service number found on the paper cover of your magazine when you first receive it. UNDER THAT is the second method using your email address, name, and mailing address. This is the one I use so I won't have to dig up that number.

After you log in, the link in the navigation bar on the left with the "Online Index" will be accessible. It is there before you log on, but you can't use it unless you are logged in. Just type in flank and all regular issue recipes are listed.

BTW, I'm sure there are several of our members who have that one. As a matter of fact, I'd be surprised if the recipe isn't already posted on here somewhere. I'll do a search and see if I can find it. If not, someone will be on in the next 24 hours to post it for you.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (The Cuisine at Home ...)
Well, that was the easiest search EVER! Here you go. Just click on this link and it will take you to the thread where Jean posted the recipe for someone else a while back. It's a shame our Members Plus folks lost their ability to search and post whole recipes for members in these situations. Fortunately, this one has been requested before.

Terriyaki Fired Beef Wraps

HMMM? Wonder how I missed this one? It looks like it's right up our alley! Although, my regular marinade is hard to beat. ENJOY!

Oh, a piece of advice...for some reason, the system defaults to post threads in THREADED MODE. I find this difficult when trying to read a list of posts. I view in FLAT MODE. You can change this by clicking on the FLAT "button" at the top of the thread when you open it. But the best thing to do is to change the way you view in your preferences on your home page. Let us know if you need more help in making your visits more enjoyable! Doing a Search is worth a thread all by itself...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Well, that was the e...)
Daphne, we love that recipe. You really should give it a try.

I usually marinate and cook two flank steaks and double the sauce because the leftovers freeze beautifully. We also love the Mongolian Barbecue recipe that CAH published as the stir-fry companion recipe.
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by karyn (Daphne, we love that...)
Thanks for the heads up, karyn! I've definitely got this one on the short list. Copied and saved!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the heads...)
Darn, I haven't done this either and I think I have a piece of flank steak in the freezer.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe by cjs (Darn, I haven't done...)
I haven't tried these either. Thanks! And thanks for the tip that it freezes well!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.