Wow, What a Fun Weekend??????
  Re: (...)
I'm dying to hear about everyone's weekend - had to have been a fun, busy one, now one came on the forums yesterday!

We'll be on the road home in another hour or two. We had a fantastic weekend and I sure hope the pictures turned out from Castasgna, oh my.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by cjs (I'm dying to hear ab...)
We had a good weekend. Busy though. Saturday Steve replaced the Hot Water Heater, and ripped up carpet in our family room. It is being replaced soon. I went to dinner with my sister at Z Tejas. I had chicken, mushroom and artichoke stack with a soy mustard cream, mashed potatoes and fresh vegies. It was good. Nice nite out with my sister.

Sunday we had Steve's family over. Counting down the days until he leaves We had potato salad, baked beans, pimento cheese burgers and hot dogs. It was sunny but cool. At least no rain.

Oh a side note: I made the laquered short ribs last week. We enjoyed them. I had used my graver seperater thingy to defat the sauce and add a little cornstarch to it. It took all the heat out of the sauce. I guess it fudsed with all fat! The kids loved the ribs. They ate all the leftovers!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by esgunn (We had a good weeken...)
Hate to say it - but I think the fat is the key on that one.

We had a "great" weekend Saturday Opie (the Pom) snuck out the open door between Bob's legs twice. We got in the van and found him about 1/2 mile away. The first time he got in the van with a little coaxing.

The second time he ran even faster and we found him in a drainage ditch with water to his belly barking at the ducks.

Yesterday we had to take him to Bismarck to get a bath and blow dry. It was an all day event. But he sure is pretty now - and smells much better. Little poop!

Then we got home and I took a big ol' pot roast out of the slow cooker, steamed potatoes, carrots, & parsnips, and cooked some beets. Also whipped up a batch of brownies for dessert. Cousin Roy came over and we had a nice evening.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by Harborwitch (Hate to say it - but...)
We had a very low key weekend. YS is trying to drive us crazy, so we just stayed close to home.

Saturday, William fried catfish, and I fixed a nice salad. I also made one of my daddy's favorites...potatoes, onions, and butter wrapped in individual foil pouches.

I also set out a ham to thaw with the intentions of having it for Sunday lunch....not. We had plenty of leftover catfish, so the ham was baked for dinner. I made up a batch of potato salad and made some garlicy sugar snaps to with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by Gourmet_Mom (We had a very low ke...)
Ok so Saturday I cooked a BUNCH of meals for my father in law. Then went out and bought a smoker!! Of course we don't get it till Wednesday.

Then Sunday I made pizza's - cheese, cheese w/fresh basil, cheese with fresh basil and prosciutto (2) and one I took straight over to my neighbor while piping hot.

I really need a deck oven!
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by DFen911 (Ok so Saturday I coo...)
I SOOOOO need a pizza oven!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by Gourmet_Mom (I SOOOOO need a pizz...)
On Saturday I had put the ingredients for Japanese Beef stew into the slow cooker with the intentions of having it for dinner. We were supposed to drive around to look at houses that day. Hubby got busy trimming trees and bushes and next thing you know the young neighbor couple is out helping us. While the guys lugged the truckload of branches off, the wife and I sat out on the patio talking. When the guys returned, we all decided to go out for dinner together then returned to our patio for drinks and lots of laughs. I wish I had taken a picture. Since we have very little of our possessions at this apartment, we were sitting on folding chairs with a cooler as our table and our little Weber grill was keeping our feet warm. We chuckled at how "ghetto" we would appear to any passer-by. It was loads of fun and laughs, but alas, my forgotton Japanese beef stew was overcooked and not so delicious, but made an ok lunch on Sunday. We will definitely miss these neighbors when we finally find a home and move.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by chef_Tab (On Saturday I had pu...)
Sounds like the beginning of a great friendship, Theresa!! Everyone seemed to be a little cockeyed or off key this weekend, but that makes for unexpected fun.

We sure had a fun one, but alas, I can't post the pictures yet of dinner at Castagna's because of my photo shop program. If I don't use it first the pictures are always to darn big. So, will get them done in the next few days - they are so worth waiting for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by chef_Tab (On Saturday I had pu...)
Well, on Saturday morning we left the ***** and went on a tour of old San Juan. Then, at 3:00 we were on a flight home. Vacation was over, but then it's always good to sleep in your own bed again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wow, What a Fun Weekend?????? by Mare749 (Well, on Saturday mo...)
Theresa those are the best types of weekends! What fun

Mare - girl you best get some pic's uploaded soon or we're hunting you down