4 oz butter (I use salted)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 peach (canned)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt

Do you think it would be safe to double the recipe?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: cake dilemia by Harborwitch (I found a lovely cak...)
You know me and baking/pastry, but...I sure can't see why not. I may have to try this also - later, 'cause we're just finishing up Rhubarb pie and no more desserts for a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by cjs (You know me and baki...)
Thanks for the input. I was going to give it a try. Don't they sound good.

Directions

Vanilla Peach Cakes

Directions:
Combine 4 oz soft butter with 1/2 a cup sugar and beat until pale and creamy.

Add 1 egg (room-temperature), beat until fluffy. Pour in the vanilla extract, salt (1 tsp when using unsalted butter) and the remaining egg and beat until it’s all really smooth.

I have a confession to make: I keep forgetting to sieve the flour. But guess what, my cupcakes come out perfect regardless! Have we been duped all this time? Is sifting flour a completely superfluous action not to mention a total waste of time? That would really tick me off.
Add 1 cup self-rising flour and 1/2 a tsp baking powder and stir until just combined.
I went for canned peaches. Sue me. Finely mince 2 halves.

Stir in the peaches.

Line a standard muffin pan with cute liners. Yeah, I’m all for cuteness in baking. Fill them 2/3 of the way with the batter.

Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 350F (180C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.

Note The batter was a little dry so I added 2 tbs of the syrup from the peaches.

The first batch of cupcakes came out a little flat on top. The second batch were more conical. We haven't tasted yet. I'm thinking a raspberry buttercream.
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by Harborwitch (Thanks for the input...)
He says you can give it a try, but doubling is sometimes not recommended.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by Lorraine (He says you can give...)
I am so glad you added the directions! These sound so delicious. I love cupcakes. I usually freeze at least half and then can take one out at a time when I am feeling weak for sweets.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by Harborwitch (Thanks for the input...)
Probably a little late, but here's my 2 cents anyways. I would have no problem doubling this since it's a small recipe. I never sift my flour, it's presifted these days anyways, and just needs a little fluffing up. Were the two pans you made from one batch? I think the flat tops came from adding the extra sugar in the peach syrup, and the second conical ones came from the batter resting. Maybe? I'm no expert, just a thought.

I love the pretty lace cupcake wrappers, but they are so expensive. At my nephew's bridal shower (well, his now wife's) I baked them in purple foil cupcake papers. Then I made wrappers from some paper doilies. They were so pretty.

Sounds like a great recipe, thank you for posting it!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by pjcooks (Probably a little la...)
PJ you're right about the extra sugar, I think. Perhaps a bit of milk???? An extra egg??????

I got a dozen and a half + 1 cupcakes. I used a buttercream recipe from Gail Gand and used raspberry extract instead of vanilla + a bit of food coloring to get a bit of a pink tint. I'm dying to stuff one of these in my face.

I use the unbleached paper cups. I suppose if they were for a special occasion or a gift I'd have looked for some fancier ones.
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by Harborwitch (PJ you're right abou...)
I'd go with the milk, or even water.

I've never seen unbleached cupcake liners. My "green" son would love those. Where did you find them? Guess I need to go online, shipping charges would be less than going into the city (Boston).

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by pjcooks (I'd go with the milk...)
I think King Arthur Flour or Kitchen Krafts - I know it was online. They weren't expensive.
  Re: Re: cake dilemia by Harborwitch (I think King Arthur ...)
Thanks, Sharon, will check it out. He's moving into his own app't (finally!!)
and will finally get to do everything his way-the green way-and no doubt, he'll be successful!

Two down and counting

PJ
PJ