Wednesday Dinner - 4/21??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

We'll have leftovers when we get home tonight.

Tried some of Roy's Raspberry wine last night and what a delight it is. He bottled it in beer bottles that have the ceramic plugs (he doesn't have a champagne corker) because he bottled it before it finished its fermentation so it's a little effervescent. I can just see it with a dense chocolate cake. YUM!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
Leftovers here to. We've got to get the fridge cleaned out by next Thursday so strange things won't grow while we're gone.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
I am still full from lunch, but I think we might grill a salad.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by luvnit (I am still full from...)
I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the pork tenderloin...I may just season lightly and throw it on the grill. Corn on the cob and a salad or sauteed sugar snaps will round out the meal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying to figure...)
We got some "expiring" beef loin today and are stir-frying it and serving over onions with mixed vegis Chinese style on the side. I marinated the beef in oyster sauce, soy sauce and sherry. Expect great things!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by Old Bay (We got some "expirin...)
I made grilled shrimp from the most recent email, but it also appears in one of the grilling cookbooks. The suggested side is cheddar polenta with a cilantro pesto, but I made pasta with the cilantro pesto. This whole meal was amazingly good. The shrimp was a bit spicy for me but hubby and older daughter thought it was perfect. I will definitely be making this again.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by chef_Tab (I made grilled shrim...)
Indian Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Curry Beurr Blanc! YUMMY! I can't wait.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by esgunn (Indian Stuffed Chick...)
Quick and easy again...Greek salad with roasted chicken.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by karyn (Quick and easy again...)
Leftover spinach lasagna and a salad.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 4/21?? by HomeCulinarian (Leftover spinach las...)
Erin, that is just obscene! Good for you and Steve!

(Note to self: put the Indian Stuffed Chicken on menu for next week...and diet between now and the...LOL!)

Well, I finally cruised my pork recipes. I had almost talked myself into the Pork Mushroom Marsala that I love so well (and reminds me of Billy), but I had asked William to stop and get corn on the cob. Then I spotted a recipe I had not made in a VERY long time. It's called Peppered Pork Chops. The rub is more of a paste made with paprika, garlic powder, dill, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and red wine vinegar. I figured, why not try it on the pork tenderloins?

It turned out great!!!!! I served it with some blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping and corn on the cob and green beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.