OT- - TV Off Week
  Re: (...)
This is off topic, but this week is TV Off Week at school, so no TV all week and they get tickets to the school carnival.

It's been really, really nice. Last night we played games and at a meal at the 'family dinner table' in the actual dining room. Really we don't miss the TV - so far, but it seems like it's just on for background noise most of the time.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: OT- - TV Off Week by luvnit (This is off topic, b...)
That's a great idea. We rarely turn our TV on! And, we own only one TV!
  Re: Re: OT- - TV Off Week by HomeCulinarian (That's a great idea....)
WHAT?!?!?! and not watch my reality shows?? that's...well that's just crazy talk
  Re: Re: OT- - TV Off Week by DFen911 (WHAT?!?!?! and not w...)
Well I do love reality TV and we have several TVs, even in the garage (which also has cable). It is just crazy around here. But really we have the TV on but seldom 'watch' it. It is just 'noise'.

Now tonight was a little different. My hubby wanted to watch a Twins game, but we committed to this 'no TV' thing. He really did get pi$$y and sulked off to bed. I was left with the kids, baths, homework, blah! I was really disappointed because heck, "It's only FIVE days!!"

Now I understand sports are important, but so is teaching your children a lesson in restraint and importance of family time.
Laura
  Re: OT- - TV Off Week by luvnit (This is off topic, b...)
[blockquote]Quote:

This is off topic, but this week is TV Off Week at school,[/quote[
That's because the administrators at the school don't want people to watch the last episode of Food Revolution and start holding them accountable.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT- - TV Off Week by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think it's great Laura! Kudos to you for setting such a good example. TV was never important in our house, mostly hubby watched. I noticed when he was away on business, while the girls were growing up, it was never turned on. Now that both of my daughters are on their own, neither one even owns a tv.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Quote:

That's because the administrators at the school don't want people to watch the last episode of Food Revolution and start holding them accountable.

LOL!! You are too funny (but may, sadly, be correct).
  Re: Re: OT- - TV Off Week by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

LOL!! You are too funny (but may, sadly, be correct).

[/blockquote]

LOL! Labs is always stating the obvious for a laugh.
Laura
  Re: Re: OT- - TV Off Week by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I tried this when all the kids were home for a week and we had more fun, but we all did miss it - especially madmax and me, we are both such news junkies we turn the news on first thing every a.m. (plus read a couple papers )

A couple of them I remember were sulky for a few days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Leave it to you!

PJ
PJ