OT: Update on the girl with thyroid cancer
  Re: (...)
After two years of examinations and general treatment, the National Cancer Institute has accepted Allis into the next part of their study that is testing a treatment for the form of thyroid cancer that she has (for which NO other treatment even exists, yet).

The next trip that Allis and her mother will be taking to the States is this Saturday, and they will be there for two months as the doctors closely observe the initial stages of the treatment. After that, they will be going back and forth, between Honduras and the States, every couple of weeks for a few months, eventually going back to longer intervals between trips.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT: Update on the girl with thyroid cancer by labradors (After two years of e...)
That is some good news. I know this will give them some hope. I hope she doesn't get worn out from all the travel. My prayers are with them as they continue on this journey to find a cure.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: OT: Update on the girl with thyroid cancer by chef_Tab (That is some good ne...)
Oh, how wonderful that she was chosen for this opportunity!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: OT: Update on the girl with thyroid cancer by labradors (After two years of e...)
Great news Labs! Prayers on their way.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT: Update on the girl with thyroid cancer by Harborwitch (Great news Labs! Pr...)
That is terrific news. I hope that the trial goes spectacularly well for her!
Where is she getting the treatment?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT: Update on the girl with thyroid cancer by Old Bay (Where is she getting...)
My prayers are with her and the study that they find a cure or at least a successful treatment!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
I wish her the best of luck! How fortunate she is to have this opportunity.

I've never known anyone with a thyroid problem, yet in the past few months, 3 of my fellow supervisors have been diagnosed. Scary thought.

PJ
PJ
The news is hopeful and very good. I am sure she is in good hands. That is fortunate.

My good thoughts and prayers follow them.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT: Update on the girl with thyroid cancer by pjcooks (I wish her the best ...)
" a thyroid problem, " - me either PJ and now my daughter also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com