T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16??
  Re: (...)
finally the chef's salad with Ranch dressing & about six variations of the dressing. (maybe a couple more dressing thrown in to try).

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by cjs (finally the chef's s...)
I'm pretty sure we're going out to eat with friends... If that doesn't work out, soup from the freezer.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm pretty sure we'r...)
Grilling T-bones tonight and maybe some zucchini too
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by DFen911 (Grilling T-bones ton...)
T-bones? Oh my, I love those. But alas, it will be grilled cod fillets, baked potatoes and cole slaw. I am trying to be good so I don't feel bad about making that sinful dessert pizza Maryann had to introduce to Jean.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by chef_Tab (T-bones? Oh my, I lo...)
I love almost any steak, so that sounds awesome! It's been a really long week, so I think we're going to do appetizers and (probably too many) cocktails....
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by karyn (I love almost any st...)
We are having Tacos with Mole sauce here. The house smells really good already. I can't wait. What a perfect Friday night 'project'. Chicken roasting in the oven, mole on the stove, getting ready to prep the veggies.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by luvnit (We are having Tacos ...)
Oh, Laura, I'm so anxious to hear how you like them! What's little chef and her brother having?

Well, I've got six dressing made and I'll mix up a few sub dressings when we're ready for our chef's salads - everything is ready (and enough for 3 nights!! )
[Image: chefssaladapr16.jpg]

Taking 4 ranch dressings and crackers and a bottle of wine over to the neighbors to get a rating on the dressings. thank God I only have to put ingredients in a bowl and eat later...hope the taste buds aren't destroyed!

Hey, you two school teachers - what a long week this must have seemed to you!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by luvnit (We are having Tacos ...)
We're having leftovers tonight. Gotta get the fridge down to a workable level.

Last night I made mac & cheese, but put Italian herbs, garlic powder, pepperoni, bell pepper, and black olives in it to make it pizza flavor. There's some of that left and some Mexican rice & beans, and a green salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by cjs (finally the chef's s...)
Porcini rubbed grilled ribeye, frites and a summer squash -zucchini saute.

Crusher pinot noir, which we both love. And for dessert, a chocolate dipped coffee ice cream for him, another glass for me

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/16?? by Harborwitch (We're having leftove...)
We are doing a white corn tortilla crusted halibut, seared in the skillet and finished in the oven, served with a tomatilla, jalapeno, avacado, garlic, and cilantro salsa. We've done it before--yum!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".