OT - but a little local "food color"
  Re: (...)
When Bob and I were in Bismarck the last time we tried this restaurant. The commercials have been cracking us up since we've been here. I thought Id share the link to share them with you.

The "ladies" all work in the Fargo store - so alas some of the color was missing

Sit down & eat!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by Harborwitch (When Bob and I were ...)

Sharon - What great commercials tipical Midwestern -

Enjoyed the laughs.

What is Knoephla Soup?

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by mjkcooking ([br]Sharon - What ...)
Ok loving these commercials How was the food Sharon?
  Re: Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by DFen911 (Ok loving these comm...)
Denise the food was pretty good. Typical Midwestern.

Marye every time we stop somewhere that has knoephla soup we have to try it, they're all a little different.

Knoepla are little dumplings (I think I posted a recipe for this soup) that are cooked in water until fluffy and then added to a creamy soup made with lots of potatoes, some carrots and celery, and usually seasoned with chicken base.

The soups will vary from place to place. Saturday we had a knoephla soup that was had lots of onion bits, really creamy, huge dumplings, and not so chicken basey. At Krolls the dumplings were perfect pillows of wonderful - the soup was a bit thinner, and lots and lots of chicken base. Our first bowl was here in Medina - the knoephla were smaller, firmer, and the soup was thick and creamy.

Next time we go I'm trying this:

Home of Beef Fleischkuechle 7.50
Seasoned hamburger, wrapped inside pastry and deep-fried,
served with choice of soup, salad, fries or cottage cheese.

It's funny - wherever you go most people start with a bowl of knoephla soup - not a cup. It's the national food of North Dakota I think - even a table full of teenagers at Krolls had bowls of knoephla soup, milk shakes, and onion rings for lunch!!! Skinny little things.
  Re: Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by DFen911 (Ok loving these comm...)
How cute is that!! Really loved the out-takes too
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by farnfam (How cute is that!! ...)
"Seasoned hamburger, wrapped inside pastry and deep-fried," - oh my Lord!!! Gotta try this when next in your neighborhood!!!!!

Crap, Roy's still in bed, so I'll look at this later with sound up - bet it's a riot! When will Guy find this place???

Well, he finally got up - Sharon, what a riot that is! Right up there with the E Trade babies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by cjs ("Seasoned hamburger,...)
I gather the LOL's actually work in the Fargo store - I'm dying to go; it would be worth the trip.

I'll try that next time we go to Bismarck - then when you come out to visit I'll have figured out how to make them. It just sounds so decadent!

Maybe someone should suggest this place to Guy!?????
  Re: Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by Harborwitch (I gather the LOL's a...)
If you go be sure to take a camera and put it on video mode for a bit just have something live What a fun trip that would be.
  Re: Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by DFen911 (If you go be sure to...)
That's silly. We have a few car dealers around here who think they're comedians and do hokey commercials.
  Re: OT - but a little local "food color" by Harborwitch (When Bob and I were ...)

PJ
PJ