Laura's going to Spain!
  Re: (...)
Well my daughter got her official notice. So for her junior year of college she will be at Granada Spain University. She has taken spanish classes since 6th grade and fell in love with the language, so much so, it became her second major.

As much as I hate her going that far I am so proud of her She worked her tail off to get all her classes lined up and completed with honors. I only wish we could go visit her while she's there but unfortunately that's way out of our price range.

What fun to live in Europe for a year. Anyone been to Granada that has any tips or tricks or hotspots to check out?
  Re: Laura's going to Spain! by DFen911 (Well my daughter got...)
Oh Denise - I'm proud right along with you!!! How exciting and how thrilled she must be. Oh, Spain!!! Oh, the food!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Oh, that is just wonderful!! Congratulations to Laura for working so hard. Never been to Spain (but I kinda like the music) - can you imagine the photos that she is going to be sending back to you!!
  Re: Re: Laura's going to Spain! by (Oh, that is just won...)
Very exciting news, Denise! You must be so proud and rightly so. What an incredible experience to be able to spend a year in Spain.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Laura's going to Spain! by Mare749 (Very exciting news, ...)
Whooopppeee!! it did come thru! Good for her and we hope she has a fantastic and safe time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Laura's going to Spain! by cjs (Whooopppeee!! it did...)
How wonderful, but I know you will miss her! My daughter Erica's best friend spent a semester in Spain, I will ask her for some advice.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Oh wow! That is beyond cool! Man, what an exciting adventure for her.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Laura's going to Spain! by luvnit (Oh wow! That is bey...)
¡Qué genial!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Laura's going to Spain! by labradors ([i]¡Qué genial![/i]...)
That's wonderful! Congratulations to Laura for all of her hard work.
  Re: Re: Laura's going to Spain! by karyn (That's wonderful! Co...)
That's so exciting!! My one nephew went to Italy for studies and my hubby's niece went to Africa for a semester.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.