Chocolate Bread Pudding
  Re: (...)
I'm looking for a recipe for chocolate bread pudding. I lost the issue it was in.I think it was issue 55 page 48. This is a great dessert that will go with a special meal I am going to cook. Thanks for any help.
Thanks,
Crawdaddy
  Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by Crawdaddy (I'm looking for a re...)
Here is the one previous post, where I got the recipe...
Chocolate Bread Pudding

Chocolate Bread Pudding
(Cuisine at home, February 2006, Issue 55, p. 48-49)

Makes: One 9-inch Round (7 Cups) Total Time: About 1 1/2 Hours Rating: Easy

Melt:
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, cubed

Whisk Together; Pour over:
2 cups whole or 2% milk
3 eggs
2 T. vanilla extract
2 t. instant espresso powder
1/2 t. table salt
13 slices Texas toast, staled and cut into 1 inch cubes (1 lb.)

Fold in:
Chocolate mixture

Preheat oven to 350° coat a 9" springform pan with 1 T. softened unsalted butter.

Melt chocolate chips with the sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until chips are smooth, about 8 minutes.

Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, espresso, and salt together and pour over bread cubes. Toss well so the bread absorbs most of the liquid and begins to lose its shape.

Fold the melted chocolate into the bread mixture, then transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until the center springs back when gently pressed. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, remove the sides of the pan, and slice.

Here are two more threads on the Chocolate Bread Pudding
Another review

A third review

Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by esgunn (Here is the one prev...)
Welcome to the forum, Crawdaddy! Hope you'll be staying here for more than just the one recipe. This is a great group of people, and it's always interesting here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome, Crawdaddy! I hope you'll stick around, too!

Boy, does this sound yummy! I'll have to mark this for a later date...like when I lose 20 or 30 pounds...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by Crawdaddy (I'm looking for a re...)
I think I'm looking for a different recipe. The one I'm looking for called for an expense chocolate with a high % of cocoa butter. An it had a white chocolate Amaretto sauce to go on top. It was a really decadent dessert.
Thanks for any help.
CrawDaddy
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by Crawdaddy (I think I'm looking ...)
The only recipe I found in the online index that has Amaretto in it was Chocolate Almond Souffles. That can't be it. Could it have been in a specialty publication?

Wait a minute....yes that IS it! The German Chocolate Sauce and White Chocolate Cream are on the next two pages! I'll get it typed in for you in a few.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by esgunn (Here is the one prev...)
I am sure it is the one - even the issue number and page number you listed. The sauce was on a different page I didn't find anywhere that it was posted online in this forum.

Here it is:
White Chocolate Cream
Makes 1 cup
Total Time 20 minutes

4 oz white chocolate, choped
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 T. powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1 T. amaretto
2 tsp Cornstarch
Fresh Raspberies

Melt the chocolate with the cream and the sugar in a saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly, about 8 minutes.

Combine amaretto and cornstartch to make a slurry, stir into the white chocolate mixture. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil for 1 minute or until thickened slightly. Transfer to a bowl, cool to room temperature.

To serve, spoon sauce over wedges of warm bread pudding and garnish with raspberries.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by Gourmet_Mom (The only recipe I fo...)
I realized when I started typing that the sauce and cream didn't go together. Since you mentioned the Amaretto, I figured you wanted the White Chocolate Cream. Here you go:

* Exported from MasterCook *

White chocolate Cream

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 ounces white chocolate -- chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons amaretto
2 teaspoons cornstarch
fresh raspberries -- for garnish

Melt the chocoate with the cream and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly, about 8 minutes.

Combine Amaretto and cornstarch to make a slurry, then stir it into the chocolate mixture. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil for 1 minute, or until thickened slightly. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature.

To serve, spoon sauce over wedges of warm Chocolate Bread Pudding and garnish with raspberries.

Source:
"Cuisine at home, February 2006, Issue 55, p. 51"

NOTES : C@H Note: Be sure cocoa butter is listed in the white chocolate's ingredients. This is what gives the chocolate its flavor. If cocoa butter isn't in there, don't buy it!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by Gourmet_Mom (I realized when I st...)
LOL! Since I started typing up the German Chocolate first, you beat me to it...Well done, Erin!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by Gourmet_Mom (I realized when I st...)
Daphne, Thats it,Thanks, but where is the bread pudding recipe that whent with it?
CrawDaddy