T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having?

We're going to friends for the weekend and since she is still working (poor youngster ), I'm taking pizzas for dinner tonight - Reuben & BBQ Chicken plus a dessert pizza.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
If I get my butt in gear, I'm going to the city. Had planned to put Turkey Osso Buco in the crockpot before I left, but they didn't have turkey legs at the store in Southport. If I get home in time, it's still on, if not, I don't know.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
Sounds great Jean. We are having beef stroganoff. Nothing fancy, just the ground beef kind. I may make the custard rich rolls again. I love those!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by luvnit (Sounds great Jean. W...)
Finishing off the week of leftovers with..... Leftovers! Next week we'll get cooking again.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by HomeCulinarian (Finishing off the we...)
Crab was on sale So making up some crab salad to put over greens with a lemon vinaigrette.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by DFen911 (Crab was on sale [im...)

We are back home from our little trip (and to our way of eating, thank the Good Lord). So, we are having grilled salmon, asparagus with parmesan and bread crumbs, jasmine rice. Going to do some shrimp for an appy on some pineapple/mango flavored skewers. No dessert - eating out of town was "heavy". Dessert pizza sounds good though!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by ([br]We are back home...)
It is soy sauce chicken over quinoa and grilled asparagus at my place tonight. I was craving it the whole time I was in Missouri, but the new mom doesn't like soy sauce, so I had to wait to get home. Denise and Sonja's menus sound really good too. Yum yum seafood.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by chef_Tab (It is soy sauce chic...)
Sounds really delicious Theresa. So the new mom doesn't like soy sauce? Is that something she's always felt, or is it just a residual, quirky pregnancy thing?

Quinoa sounds good. I will have to work that in this coming week.
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by luvnit (Sounds really delici...)
You know, Laura, I cannot remember if she ever liked it. When she was younger, she was rather fussy. I always made my kids eat most everything, but I allowed them two food items each that I did not make them eat. Hers was squash and mushrooms. Now she loves both. The older one hated chocolate and cheese. She now likes chocolate, but still doesn't care for cheese. I pretty much substitute quinoa for rice these days. It's healthier, and actually goes better with this particular dish.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/9? by chef_Tab (You know, Laura, I c...)
Quote:

I always made my kids eat most everything, but I allowed them two food items each that I did not make them eat. Hers was squash and mushrooms. Now she loves both. The older one hated chocolate and cheese. She now likes chocolate, but still doesn't care for cheese.

I like that. It gives them some control over their eating habits. Nice idea.
Laura