Sunday Dinner - 3/28??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

I have a dab of turkey leg left, a little flank steak, and a little other steak....don't know yet what I'll do. I'll get some ideas from you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
We're doing 15-18 pizzas for the neighborhood and Jane's niece. Big nite.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by Old Bay (We're doing 15-18 pi...)
Oh that's right - tonight's the PARTY!!!! at Bill and Jane's. Better get on the road now. Have a ball. and please take some pictures of pizza cooked in a darn wood fired oven.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by cjs (Oh that's right - to...)
"Have a ball. and please take some pictures of pizza cooked in a darn wood fired oven..... "

Ditto!

NOW I'm down to Italian Sausage, a small bit of gr. beef, and a pound of ground turkey. (It would be glutinous to have catfish again, but I sure could do it. Fish sandwiches today for lunch....YUM!) I'm not sure what I'll do with any or all of that, but a pizza is tempting. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by cjs (Oh that's right - to...)
Today we're celebrating my sisters bday, which is on Monday. So we're grilling T-bones, cheesey jalapeno deviled eggs, grilled garlic bread and salad. Weather is just scrumptious for grilling and siting outside.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by Old Bay (We're doing 15-18 pi...)
Quote:

We're doing 15-18 pizzas for the neighborhood and Jane's niece. Big nite.

Lucky, lucky! I bet that neighborhood is gonna smell goo'ood! Wish we could all be there.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What a fun party! We're having beef and mushroom stew topped with cheddar biscuits. A good rainy day meal.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by karyn (What a fun party! We...)
Ron has a taste for BBQ chicken, if it stops raining long enough to use the grill. If not, he will probably stand out there with his golf umbrella. Summer just can't come soon enough this year.

Oh, I'm thinking something with orzo as a side. I seem to remember making a really good one a while back. Must go look in MC.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by Mare749 (Ron has a taste for ...)
Mister smoked a brisket - finally. He got a lot of hints from his buddies on other forums and I had some help from Miss Jean on the rub. So I have never had brisket and didn't know what to expect. It was very moist and tasty.

Trimming
[Image: Image00001.jpg]

Marinade and food saver
[Image: Image00003.jpg]

In the smoker last night around 10:00
[Image: Image00007.jpg]

Off at 1:30 pm today - rested two hours
[Image: Image00012.jpg]

Sliced - tender, very juicy, nice smoke ring - excellent for first time for Mister!
[Image: Image00014.jpg]
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 3/28?? by (Mister smoked a bris...)
MERCY!!!! When I hit that last picture, my mouth literally filled with drool! Well done, Mister!!!!!

After yesterday's glutinous dinner, I decided I wanted to make something "light". I'm roasting a chicken with lemon and herbes de provence. I'll have salad and leftover potatoes for sides.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.