Salmon Mousse Appetizer
  Re: (...)
This was a very old recipe I first made about 20 years ago. However, the original was just put into a dish and sprinkled with dill or fresh dill if I had it. This version is much more elegant. Essentially I just lined a dish with cling wrap and then lined that with lox before I filled it with the salmon mousse.

[Image: DSC02846.jpg]

Oops, now I have company. I will come back with the recipe later.

Okay now I am back now. I cut into it so you all can see inside.

[Image: DSC02848.jpg]

Now if it were summer, I would probably have fresh dill with this. This recipe is super easy and the hardest part is waiting for it to chill.

Here is the recipe:

Smoked Salmon Mousse

Ingredients:
3-4 ounces smoked salmon cut into 1/2 inch pieces(lox)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,softened
2 T. green onions, just the greens sliced thin
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 dashes of tabasco
3 dashes of worchestershire
1 teaspoon dried dill weed to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 ounce salmon roe (optional)
6 oz of lox (optional for lining ramekins or bowl for molding)

Directions:
1. Place heavy cream, cream cheese, green onion, juice of half of a lemon, dried dill weed, tabasco, worchestershire, salt and pepper to taste in food processor and pulse until mixed and fluffy, about 23-30 seconds. Add lox and pulse until mixed to desired consistency. Transfer to a medium serving dish, and garnish with salmon roe, and fresh dill.

2. Optionally, line a ramekin or other dish with cling wrap, line cling wrap with addtional smoked salmon and fill with mousse. Chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Invert onto plate and garnish.
  Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer by luvnit (This was a very old ...)
I look forward to seeing your recipe. I'm planning on making gravlox soon, so this would make a nice treat for the two of us.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer by Gourmet_Mom (I look forward to se...)
oh, that does look good. will be anxious to see the recipe also. love a salmon mousse. I'm going to be makings some also, Daphne. That thread you were talkiing of it got it in my mind agai.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer by cjs (oh, that does look g...)
Thanks Laura! I'll add this to my experiment!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Laura! I'll ...)
This is one of our family favorite recipes. I just love it - and your presentation is beautiful.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer by Harborwitch (This is one of our f...)
"and your presentation is beautiful." it sure is.

Very close to my recipe. But, I've never lined the bowl with the gravlax - neat idea.(I'm stealing it )

I have been adding corn to it and they sure go well together.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com