Food Revolution
  Re: (...)
Did anyone see Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution last night?
Wow. Pretty amazing. I hope this does some good- even if it is just a reality TV opportunity. It is truly amazing what this School was serving their students. Goes along with our other topic - and it amazes you even more that they will not alow home made products in school. Doesn't even give kids a chance...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Food Revolution by esgunn (Did anyone see Jamie...)
I didn't see it. Now you have me curious. I've seen a couple of trailers, but not the show yet. I will have to try and DVR it. Sounds interesting.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by luvnit (I didn't see it. Now...)
Typical: the people in the school were more interested in blindly following the government bureaucracy than working a little harder to make the meals healthier for the kids, and most of the kids were VERY happy to opt for the processed pizza over the freshly cooked chicken,
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by labradors (Typical: the people ...)
Didn't see it and haven't heard of it....where have I been? Under a rock?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by cjs (Didn't see it and ha...)
I saw the trailers, but missed the show. Will have to DVR so I don't miss it next time. It looks like a good show.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by Mare749 (I saw the trailers, ...)
It's available online on abc.com for those that missed it. I'll be interested to see what kind of a difference he can make.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by Vanquisher (It's available onlin...)
I tried to watch it online but they said it was 'moved or otherwise not available'. But I checked and it's on this Friday at 7 and 8 CST on ABC.

I DVR'd it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by luvnit (I tried to watch it ...)
If you go to his web site you can digitaly sign his petition to change the lunch program in our schools.
Jamies Food Revolution Petition
I also heard recently about a bill they are trying to pass (whish I could remember more about it) that they are trying to get all the pop and junk food out of schools too. I hate to admit it, but my junior year of High School my lunch every day consisted of a snickers bar and a can of Tab.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by esgunn (If you go to his web...)
When William saw the preview just before the show, he refused to watch it. He is a softy and hates to see kids like the obese child in the opening crying about the challenges of being over weight. I guess I'll have to hope it is available online in the near future.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Food Revolution by Gourmet_Mom (When William saw the...)
I haven't watched it, but I believe that Jamie Oliver is now thinking that he has bitten off more than he can chew...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com