K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Sauce
  Re: (...)
I think Daphne asked about this a while back. If she didn't, someone did, I was going to post it anyway. It's really great and is a pretty good duplicate of the KC Masterpiece flavor and style of sauce. This is my son's absolute favorite and doesn't like anything else. He thinks his mom makes THE BEST.

BBQ Sauce (KC Masterpiece)
Makes 3 Cups of sauce

4 cups water
1 1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup tomato paste
1 cup vinegar
6 tablespoons molasses
6 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat and whisk until smooth.

Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thick.

Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight so that flavors can develop.

Laura's Note: I do NOT add the water. I cook it just like it is without water, at the end I add 'some' water to get the consistancy I like.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Sauce by luvnit (I think Daphne asked...)
"He thinks his mom makes THE BEST. " Well, of course he does!!!

I think I have this somewhere, but I'm going to add it to M.C. just in case... thanks Laura.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Sauce by cjs ("He thinks his mom m...)
Sounds about right.

I think K.C. is one of the best, too, but after I discovered dry-rub ribs (about 20 years ago), I stopped using almost all BBQ sauces.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Sauce by labradors (Sounds about right.[...)
Laura, I remember you mentioning it. I certainly did copy this. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (Laura, I remember yo...)
I asked! Thanks, Laura.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com