Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail
  Re: (...)
There is a yummy looking corned beef glazed in whiskey recipe in the Cuisine e-mail. Always trying to find something different from just corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. Savannah has the 2nd largest parade in the US and there is a ton of celebrating going on. I remember way back in the day (before white bread) I made for my first dinner party a corned beef glazed with apricot preserves. It was so good. Anyway, I am going to try this whiskey one - gosh, who doesn't like a wee dram every now and again!
  Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail by (There is a yummy loo...)
Well, I've got my beef brisket corning as we speak and cut off a little 2 lb. hunk and made Honey-Bronzed Brisket (a Nat'l Honey Board recipe) and it's on its last 20 minutes and I'm just dying to taste it - it smells wonderful.

Corned beef sandwiches and Reuben pizza coming up after St. Pattie's day!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail by cjs (Well, I've got my be...)
Haven't even thought about St. Patty Day menu yet!!! Its a dancing night, so maybe some corned beef in the crock pot. Not very exciting!
  Re: Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail by HomeCulinarian (Haven't even thought...)
Oh, Sonja, I saw those recipes too! In fact, every year I make corn beef and cabbage, so this year I decided I would make shepherds pie instead. Well now I want both because of the two recipes. I think we will be celebrating twice at our house! Both recipes sound great, even the sweet and sour cabbage!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail by chef_Tab (Oh, Sonja, I saw tho...)
Well, pooh! I just realized they've dropped me from the mailing list again. I get emails from several and just didn't notice until I went to look for this.

If this is a good one, please let me know. Since St. Patty's Day is on a Wednesday, I'll probably do the crock pot version here as well. But I'm sure I could force myself to have it again on the weekend for a new recipe!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail by Gourmet_Mom (Well, pooh! I just ...)
Quote:

Well, pooh! I just realized they've dropped me from the mailing list again. I get emails from several and just didn't notice until I went to look for this.

This is why I do NOT subscribe to the email, but use the RSS feed instead.

There are several ways to subscribe to the RSS feed, so I won't go into great detail, but the general methods are:
  • Some browsers have the capability (e.g. the "live bookmark" feature of Firefox)
  • Some email programs (e.g. Thunderbird) have the capability
  • Some web-based email services (e.g. Yahoo) have the capability
  • There are separate programs and websites, called "aggregators" that are just for handling RSS feeds.
I use Firefox for browsing and Thunderbird for my email, so I use a combination of the two for handling RSS feeds that I read. In particular, I let Thunderbird handle the Cuisine at Home feed, so that the recipes will automatically be downloaded and saved (I have it set to check for new messages periodically).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks, Rob. I'll look into the Firefox method this weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.