TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10
  Re: (...)
Jean must be out of touch right now, or she would probably post this. What are you all having for dinner tonight?

We are going up to the cabin with my MIL and FIL. Hubby, the kids and I wont' be up there until 7ish, so it's appetizers tonight. We are bringing Tequila Lime Chicken Wings from Sam's club. MIL made a couple of dips and some riblets she has been making for years.

Tomorrow is turkey dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, asparagus and dinner rolls.

And of course, Bill's Sour Cherry Pie ala mode.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by luvnit (Jean must be out of ...)
Laura, tomorrow's dinner sounds yummy!! Chicken wings sound good as well but turkey is one of my favorites.

Mister is taking me and the girls out for dinner - don't know where we are going yet.
  Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by luvnit (Jean must be out of ...)
That sounds like a great evening! I'll probably take some shells out of the freezer and bake them with marinara, with a side salad and bread.
  Re: Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by HomeCulinarian (That sounds like a g...)
thanks Laura!! Had to get on the road early. I had another container of chili in the freezer and a couple more homemade frankfuters, so chili dogs for our dinner.

Tomorrow, tho, I'm cookin' with Houseboat Don and I'm sure I'll be posting some pictures - we always cook up a storm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by HomeCulinarian (That sounds like a g...)
Yummmy! Shells and sauce! Gosh I'd love to have that right now.

Yeah tomorrow a big turkey dinner, up north, on the frozen lake. It'll smell good and homey.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by luvnit (Yummmy! Shells and s...)
There's a pork roast in the slow cooker with apples, onions, and kraut. I've got a big batch of bread dough in the bread machine. I'll throw some potatoes and carrots on to go with when I put the bread dough in the oven. It's a dreary day so this sounds really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by Harborwitch (There's a pork roast...)
That sounds really good to me too. We're having oven fried parmesan fish (cod) with a tomato zucchini parmesan bake and something with potatoes. This is an under 500 calorie dinner which may or not be good. Sounded good this morning.
Shannon
  Re: Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by Dismc (That sounds really g...)
You know, I've got everything for stuffed shells except for the shells...another menu item for next week...COOL! I thought about making those the other day and promptly forgot...THANKS, Jeanette!

I wish I had all these ideas BEFORE I went to the store....maybe I need to start checking the forum before I leave school for dinner ideas...LOL! Oh well, steak night it is...BORING! Maybe I'll whip up a blue cheese sauce instead of the usual horseradish sauce...William would like that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by Dismc (That sounds really g...)
The chili dogs are calling my name. oh my, with some shredded sharp cheddar.

In reality we were supposed to be having the Lite Enchiladas Vicci reviewed. Mine will be with chicken though. And then stuff kept happening and now they have turned into an enchilada lasagna of sorts. I made too much filling(doubled everything) and then was too lazy to roll individual enchiladas so I put down a layer of corn tortillas, the filling, then another layer of tortillas. I did use the recommended toppings, but I am baking them for a while and then topping with cilantro to serve. I almost never make dessert, but apparantly the 15 pounds I have put on since I moved here wasn't enough, so I baked a blueberry pie. I think I need an intervention.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: TGIF - Dinner 3/5/10 by chef_Tab (The chili dogs are c...)
"I almost never make dessert, but apparantly the 15 pounds I have put on since I moved here wasn't enough, so I baked a blueberry pie. I think I need an intervention."

>>>>>>>Wiping off the drink from the screen...<<<<<
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.