Just bought some Kirschwasser
  Re: (...)
I am sure it's good in the Cherry Pie recipe, but did you try this stuff straight? Yikes! It must be an acquired taste. I now have enought to probably last the rest of my life.

Looking forward to the pie though!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Just bought some Kirschwasser by luvnit (I am sure it's good ...)
Lucky dog!!!!! Everybody said it's good on ice cream, but I'm betting it would be even better on a SUNDAE with dark chocolate syrup and nuts....YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Just bought some Kirschwasser by luvnit (I am sure it's good ...)
Quote:

I am sure it's good in the Cherry Pie recipe, but did you try this stuff straight? Yikes! It must be an acquired taste. I now have enought to probably last the rest of my life.

Looking forward to the pie though!

Don't drink that stuff straight!!! OMG!! I don't! Seriously, if you drink it straight, sip, gently, like brandy (which it is). It is great in the pie, it would be good drizzled and stirred into a fruit salad. I've had a bottle five years. You will love it, and make the pie more than once!! Thanks for the trust (of course Jean said it was good too).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Just bought some Kirschwasser by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It's also frequently used in fondue. Hmmmmm, I think I have a little bit in a bottle around here somewhere. "Lucky dog" is right!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Just bought some Kirschwasser by Harborwitch (It's also frequently...)
Sounds really interesting! I'll have to check this stuff out!
  Re: Re: Just bought some Kirschwasser by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
[quote
Don't drink that stuff straight!!! OMG!! ...

You will love it, and make the pie more than once!! Thanks for the trust (of course Jean said it was good too).

[/blockquote]

My husband came home from the store with it today. The bottle says, "Enjoy Kirsch ice cold!" Well that's all you had to say. He wanted to try it! He poured a small glass over ice for us to share. I tasted it, not a big gulp, just a sip. I did exactly as you said, OMG!!! The stuff is 90 Proof! Wow.

Well I have a bottle of well-aged triple sec here to. It's not going to go to waste. Besides, I do have confidence in you Bill.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Just bought some Kirschwasser by luvnit ([quote[br]Don't drin...)
Besides, I do have confidence in you Bill.

[/blockquote]

Thanks Laura.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Just bought some Kirschwasser by Old Bay ( Besides, I do ha...)
You can use some of the kirsch in the filling for a strawberry cake or for strawberry or raspberry coulis. It is 90 proof, so it would a gulp would knock me out I think!