buttermilk dressing
  Re: (...)
not too long ago, I found in the magazine a good salad dressing that used butter milk, sour cream, white wine vinegar, probably some olive oil, and who knows what else. Does anyone remember seeing this recipe, and in which issue it is to be found?
  Re: buttermilk dressing by Chops52 (not too long ago, I ...)
The only listing in the index that I see is this one:

On the Side: Four Salads for Fall

Cuisine at home No. 47 (October 2004), pages 28-29

That wouldn't be very recent. I'll give a glance through my magazines and get back with you. If the one from Issue 47 (above) is what you're looking for, I think I have that magazine. I could type it up tomorrow if you like.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: buttermilk dressing by Gourmet_Mom (The only listing in ...)
There is one from one of the Cuisine For Two cookbooks that has become a regular in our house. It's called honey buttermilk dressing and goes with the chicken paillard with carprese field salad.

Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing

1/4 cup buttermilk
2 Tb olive oil
2 Tb white wine vinegar
2 Tb honey
salt and pepper to taste

we love this and shredding fresh parmisan on the salad makes this to die for.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: buttermilk dressing by Gourmet_Mom (The only listing in ...)
Thanks, D. I have every issue of the magazine, so I'll check my copy of No. 47.

chops
  Re: Re: buttermilk dressing by chef_Tab (There is one from on...)
Thanks, T. this recipe is definitely different from the one I was looking for, but it sure looks like a nice alternative.

chops
  Re: Re: buttermilk dressing by Chops52 (Thanks, T. this re...)
actually, I just remembered a very significant part of the recipe - gorgonzola cheese. If I got all the ingredients down, I guess the only thing I've gotta do is play around with the proportions of each.

chops
  Re: Re: buttermilk dressing by Chops52 (actually, I just rem...)
Now that you added the gorgonzola, I did a search. Gorgonzola didn't show anything, but blue cheese did. Here's the obvious possibilities:

Blue Cheese Salad

Cuisine at home No. 36 (December 2002), page 23

The Extreme Salad! So much flavor and texture you can't stop eating it.

Salad Dressings Revived

Cuisine at home No. 34 (August 2002), pages 22-25

We all have our favorites. Here are four classics that are so good, you'll never buy them bottled again.

These are my picks for what seems like you're looking for. But you may want to look for yourself. The online index is available for anybody with a subscription, just click on the Customer Service link on the navigator bar on the left of the magazine home page, type in your info (either your code on your magazine, or your email/mailing addy further down). Then the online index on the left navigator bar will be a link for you to search the archives of the regular magazine. Sadly, they only have a description right now....we keep hoping they'll add the recipes for members since they canceled the Member's Plus. They don't have the special books in the index, but if you know your recipe is in a regular magazine, it should list it and it's location.

Good luck! I know what it's like to have a great recipe and loose it. I'll only add, if you want a really good recipe for blue cheese dressing, though, you may want to try Jean's...it's awesome!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.