Issue No. 80 - Review
  Re: (...)
Okay, I just got the new issue today. I am so happy! There are so many things in it I want to try. I think my favorite one is the Spring Brunch with Benedict Baskets and some great Breakfast Kabobs with ham, bacon, and sausage with an apple-cinnamon bbq sauce. Hot potato salad and a lemonade sangria.

Others I love:

• Sizzling Shrimp Dinners
  • Chocolate-Almond Torte
  • Asparagus & Proscuitto Pasta with Ricotta Mint Pesto
  • Three different meatball recipes!

If they keep this up I will be happy , happy , happy !
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Issue No. 80 - Review by luvnit (Okay, I just got the...)
Quote:

...some great Breakfast Kabobs with ham, bacon, and sausage with an apple-cinnamon bbq sauce.

How do you manage to get the raw eggs to stay on the skewers and not to break the yolks?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Issue No. 80 - Review by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You always think of things nobody else would. Leave it to Labs!

The eggs are hard-boiled!
Laura
  Re: Re: Issue No. 80 - Review by luvnit (You always think of ...)
Heheheh... I understand, but that was just such a fun image.
  Re: Re: Issue No. 80 - Review by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I was only kidding! There are NO eggs on the kabob. Just ham, bacon and sausage with bbq sauce. They look good. Wait and see.
Laura
  Re: Re: Issue No. 80 - Review by luvnit (I was only kidding! ...)
Oh yeah, meat candy on a stick!!

What I would like to know is another good horseradish sauce to serve with beef other that the one the issue alluded to with creme fraiche. Wow, was that article and hint of recipes disappointing! WTF?!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Issue No. 80 - Review by BarbaraS (Oh yeah, meat candy ...)
darn, it'll be a couple weeks more before I see my copy....sounds good, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
As far as I'm concerned, the horse can keep his radish. Can't stand that stuff. It feels like it closes up my windpipe, so I just find it scary (and I have no problem with lots of other hot/spicy things). It's not a real allergy, though, and I am able to tolerate a tiny amount in some other sauce, but I'm just not interested in finding out what my limit is for it to have that undesirable effect.

Check out THIS recipe. It had sounded interesting, to me, until he added the horseradish.
Quote:

What I would like to know is another good horseradish sauce to serve with beef other that the one the issue alluded to with creme fraiche. Wow, was that article and hint of recipes disappointing! WTF?!

Barbara

Really? That article disappointed you? I liked it. I am going to make the green goddess dressing recipe (online recipe) this weekend. It's funny because my husband and I both love Green Goddess dressing and I was just saying to him, "I wonder what this tastes like homemade. I bet it's better." I hesitate to make it myself because everytime I do, I can't eat the store bought ever again. I was probably a day away from looking this up online when this issue came. Great timing.
Laura
  Re: Re: Issue No. 80 - Review by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I agree, Laura, the new issue has several things I would like to make. The breakfast ideas will wait until we have company. I am going to try to make that cashew and scallop dish this weekend. It looks delicious and healthy. And thanks for the heads up on the green goddess dressing recipe! I love it too and can't wait to try that.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!