Plastic Wrap
  Re: (...)
I admit...I'm a freak about plastic wrap. The wrap has to hold and have a wrinkle free surface over the bowl I'm wrapping. You can bounce a dime on my covered bowls. I also admit, I can't remember if I like Saran Wrap or Glad Wrap (I think it was Saran), but I recognize it by site. One stretches taut, the other doesn't. The taut wrap doesn't tangle very badly, but the one that doesn't stick well tangles. Now, I have purchased the big rolls at Sam's and liked it, but I keep forgetting to get it when I go.

Where am I heading with this? I'm impressed with the NEW Reynolds Wrap. It may have been out for a while and not noticed by me, but it's new to me. When they first came out with plastic wrap I hated it and swore to never buy it again. Over Christmas, William picked up foil and plastic wrap for me...I feared the worst. (He once picked up some foil for me and got cheap stuff. I complained every time I used it.) He came home with Reynolds Wrap. I groaned. But when I used the Reynolds Wrap, I was pleasantly surprised. It now has a zipper/cutter which prevents the inevitable pulled apart box, AND it seals WONDERFULLY! I am very impressed with this product.

Just thought I'd share.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Plastic Wrap by Gourmet_Mom (I admit...I'm a frea...)
Five years ago I bought a mega-roll of plastic wrap at Sam's and it cannot be used up fast enough. It covers (some) bowls well, but it a royal pain to pull-and-tear. Plus it uses an entire drawer in my kitchen!

Someday I hope to finish it, and if Reynolds plastic wrap is still being made, I will try it.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by foodfiend ([u]Five years ago[/u...)
The one that has usually worked well for me, here, is called "Wonderwrap." The label is all in English, so it's probably intended for the U.S., but I don't recall having seen it in the States.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by labradors (The one that has usu...)
Stretch-tite lover here myself. It also has the cutting zipper. Funny how there are some items about which we are so particular.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by chef_Tab (Stretch-tite lover h...)
Stretch-tite fan here too. I'm so sick of the "bugger-wrap" (can I say that here?) that sticks together in a clump when it emerges or tears and un-winds from the roll in strips. I just hope Costco will ***** it or, does Sam's Club carry it??
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by Harborwitch (Stretch-tite fan her...)
I use Alliance Pro (18") from Cash & Carry - love it. Roy has built a drawer for it and the foil in the last two houses.
[Image: plasticwraps.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by cjs (I use Alliance Pro (...)
Funny, but when I was at the restaurant, I rarely had any problems with the plastic wrap they used there. One of my co-workers did, though, and always called it "plasti-crap."

Most often, it seems the biggest problem is that plastic wrap won't always stick to pans or bowls that are cold, so you just have to use extra, stretch it well, and wrap it so that it sticks to itself around the pan if it's not sticking to the actual pan.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by cjs (I use Alliance Pro (...)
Beautiful Jean! Bravo Roy!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by luvnit (Beautiful Jean! Bra...)
We get a commercial size one from sysco. He can get his nice and tight, but I sometimes have a problem with it. Sure wish I had a holder like Jean, I can barely lift the box when it's new.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Plastic Wrap by Lorraine (We get a commercial ...)
Lol I just have a mega roll I bought at Smart and Final and it sits on my counter. I love it! I've been trying to use lids more to reduce waste so bought some new plastic containers that are clear so I can see in them.