Dinner Tonight?? 2/10
  Re: (...)
I forgot! We're still eating out of the frig. What are you all up to?

I do have an idea for a banana dessert. Yesterday, I had some banana bread thawed so decided to play. I love this - top the banana slices with turbinado sugar and torch them. What a wonderfull crunch flavor.
[Image: Bruleedbananas.jpg]

So, today, I made 1/2 batch of Maya Angelou's banana pudding and I'll brulee some more and put on top when we serve them. This is fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 by cjs (I forgot! We're stil...)
Chicken parm. and a salad - and???????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I wanted to do something with pasta tonight, so on the way home, I listed some of my favorite pasta dishes that had light sauces. I have overdone Chicken Piccata and Bill and Jane's Lemon and Brandy recipe lately. I finally came up with one we love, but haven't had in a while...makes me think of summer...Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 by Gourmet_Mom (I wanted to do somet...)
Chicken here too, though it will be paillard. And I am making that white beans with roasted red peppers side from the Lite book. I made that last week and we were fighting over it. Love that combination of beans,pepper,lemon,and parsley. Also roasting some aspargus and baby bok choy I have in the fridge.

Oh,Jean, I love the banana idea! So simple, but sounds delicious!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 by chef_Tab (Chicken here too, th...)
We're doing J. Pepin's chicken pot pie, but with an experimental herb crust--great possibilities!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 by Old Bay (We're doing J. Pepin...)
Goodness, Bill, that sounds really good! I love Pepin's recipes and that crust sounds interesting! I hope you'll share if it comes out like you hope.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 by Harborwitch (Chicken parm. and a ...)
Costco Chinese Chicken Salad. Wednesday's are my long day at the hospital and my youngest (14) has volleyball practice from 7-9p. The kids will assemble it for me so I can take a bowl with me to practice.
Jean that looks so pretty! Is that pineapple upside down cake??!! That's one of my favs!

Your fridge eats look great!

Frozen pizza here tonight.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 by luvnit (Jean that looks so p...)
It was a dessert from our neighbor's SuperBowl party - don't know what it was, but it was pretty, so added to the picture. Roy got to eat it and said it was tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 by cjs (It was a dessert fro...)
Well now it doesn't matter what it is I HAVE to make pineapple upsidedown cake! I haven't made it in years. I don't even know if I have a recipe. I better go find one. Unless someone here is kind enough to share one. I will pick up the stuff and make it on Friday.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura