Superbowl Menu???
  Re: (...)
Does everyone have everything in place for your superbowl day?? (everyone but me?)

I'm kinda looking at Issue #67, page 43 -Italian Chili served with page 52, Italian Nachos. Has anyone made these?

Anyway, what is everyone's menu? (and drinks????) Superbowl shooters, denise??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Superbowl Menu??? by cjs (Does everyone have e...)
Very likely, the Chinese Dumplings I mentioned earlier.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Superbowl Menu??? by labradors (Very likely, the [ur...)
Are those Italian Nachos the ones we reviewed and no one liked? At least, I didn't. I'll check.

Other than that, I'll be doing Anchor Bar Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing, for sure. Since we usually do burgers on Sundays, I'm thinking Blue Cheese Bacon Burgers on home made buns with all the fixin's and Baked Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries. That's the plan right now, off the top of my head.

Here's the reviews on the nachos, Jean. It was a part of Lab's Dinner Review in 2008. It was the one downer in the hit review of the Chicken Skewer Wraps (and mashers with cauliflower)....that's why I remembered! It was an unusual combination of dishes, but two good ones came from that review.
  Re: Re: Superbowl Menu??? by Gourmet_Mom (Are those Italian Na...)
Yes. I remember how unmemorable those were. If you WANT "Italian Nachos," use the Macaroni Grill Bella Napoli recipe I posted.

Those Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps were great, and they were actually part of the SuperBowl section of that issue (then again, so were the Italian Nachos.

Jeanette reviewed the Italian Chili, and liked it.
  Re: Superbowl Menu??? by cjs (Does everyone have e...)
Quote:

Does everyone have everything in place for your superbowl day?? (everyone but me?)

I'm kinda looking at Issue #67, page 43 -Italian Chili served with page 52, Italian Nachos. Has anyone made these?

I don't remember if they were reviewed or not, but we made them and they were WONDERFUL!!--Different than most super bowl fare--so that made the nachos even better-- a change. We didn't do the the chili.

Try and make your own nachos--set out tortillia chips--offer bean dip, salsa, jalapeno slices, and shreaded cheddar cheese, let everyone make their own--heat in microwave--top with tomatoes (chopped), chopped onion and/or guacamole and/or sour cream. Fun. It's kind of a Mexican Pizza--using tortilla chips instead of dough!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Superbowl Menu??? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Here's another tip for nachos:

Instead of using the bagged tortilla chips, look in the Hispanic section of your grocery store for stacks of corn-tortilla tostadas. When I was in the States, I used to find that they were less expensive AND better tasting than the usual bagged chips. All you need to do is open up the stack, take out the tostadas and break them into tortilla chips. I don't remember what the brand name was, now (different selection, here, and the whole store is Hispanic, with an American-import aisle, instead - LOL!), but the also had ones that were garlic or chipotle flavoured.

Of course, you could always make your own, as well, by baking or deep frying corn tortillas.
  Re: Re: Superbowl Menu??? by labradors (Here's another tip f...)
I have no idea yet! I know I'm going to do my chianti braised stuffed mushrooms. Chips and salsa, hotwings and chex mix. Then I plan on doing dinner but figured after munching all day that something heavy wouldn't be good. So I'm thinking a grilled chicken salad with lemon vinaigrette.
  Re: Re: Superbowl Menu??? by DFen911 (I have no idea yet! ...)
Limit every one to 3 or 4 of these--

Oysters a/la Russe

In a chilled shot glass, add

one small chilled, raw oyster
one T cold vodka
one t red seafood sauce

Serve-- turn the glass up and eat as a shot--great!!! Two or three equal a martini, but fun and different!! Have a few to celebrate your victory , or in lamitations --whatever!!
  Re: Re: Superbowl Menu??? by Old Bay (Limit every one to 3...)
hmmmm, back to the drawing board, maybe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Superbowl Menu??? by cjs (hmmmm, back to the d...)
We are having Nachos and I think hot wings and Laura's sticky wings. I am using bagged tortilla chips - we found one we really like. Kettle Brand Black Bean tortilla chips.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.