OT- off to play!
  Re: (...)
I've been alternately fighting off a nasty headcold and getting ready to go away for the past several days.

DH is going to his sister's in NJ to stay while his mother has surgery to repair an aneurysm. On the way, he is dropping me (and Spooky the cat) off at my parents. My Mom has already mentioned that she has "hundreds" of 8mm home movies that she wants us to go through while I am there. My eyes hurt already! Especially when I think of how I looked in the late 60's- early 70's... Oy.

Anyway, I haven't spent a good, long stretch of time with my family since before DH and I were married, so I am looking forward to it and may not be online much.

I'm sending lots of food with DH (since they'll be in the hospital most of the day for 2-3 days), and this cold has taken away so much of my energy that it really has been an effort. Much more than I had anticipated. But I just finished the last item and just have to make a list so I remember everything when packing it tomorrow.

Take care, everyone, and I will return "regularly" by the middle of next week.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: OT- off to play! by foodfiend (I've been alternatel...)
Travel safely and enjoy the time with your family.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT- off to play! by Harborwitch (Travel safely and en...)
Have a great time with your family and all kinds of good luck to your husband's family.

We've threatened for years to do something with our 8mm movies.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT- off to play! by cjs (Have a great time wi...)
Be safe (get better with that headcold) and enjoy your family time!
  Re: Re: OT- off to play! by (Be safe (get better ...)
Travel safely and enjoy your family! Here's hoping you feel better by the time you get back!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT- off to play! by Gourmet_Mom (Travel safely and en...)
Thanks for letting us know so that we don't worry! So sorry to hear about the headcold. Those are just awful and leave you with no energy. I hope you are feeling much better and enjoy the time with your family. Look forward to your return.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: OT- off to play! by chef_Tab (Thanks for letting u...)
Yeah, let Mama take care of you - oh, I miss that care.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT- off to play! by cjs (Yeah, let Mama take ...)
Have a safe trip. I'm sorry about your husband's mother but I think you are going to have a ball with your family. I really envy that!
Jan (aka Half Baked)