Spaghetti with Fennel sauce & herbs
  Re: (...)
This such a wonderful, light dish. I cut the recipe in half and there was still plenty left over. I guess after a whole day spent in town it will be nice to just heat up leftovers. I think everyone will love it. It just dawned on me that using half stock and half dry white wine might be really good. And Laura I think you could add some cream.

Ingredients for 4 / 6 people

90 g of chopped bacon

1 tablespoon olive oil

3 cloves minced garlic

2 red chili peppers chopped seeds removed (I used dried chili flakes)

2 fennel bulbs (remove stems and thinly slice)

1½ cup homemade chicken broth

4 tablespoons chopped parsley (I added some fennel fronds too)

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 crushed fennel seeds

450 g spaghetti

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

) 1 ½ cup Pecorino cheese

Preparation

Saute the bacon in the wok until done.Retire and set aside.

Add a tablespoon of olive oil, saute the garlic and chillies over medium heat. Add the fennel bulbs and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.

Add the broth, half the parsley, lemon juice, fennel seeds and boil.

Cook for 20 minutes to reduce the sauce and cook the fennel. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.

Cook the pasta al dente and drain, reserving a cup of liquid, in case of staying dry at the end.

Take the spaghetti on the stove in the wok with a mixture of fennel, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, half cup of cheese, the rest of the parsley and mix.

Add water if necessary.

Transfer to platter, sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and serve with cheese.

Source-Bon appétit (Jan'10) "Spicy Spaghetti with fennel and herbs.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Spaghetti with Fennel sauce & herbs by Harborwitch (This such a wonderfu...)
"Source-Bon appétit (Jan'10) "Spicy Spaghetti with fennel and herbs." Oh Lord, my copy is still in its wrapper!! This does sound good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Fennel sauce & herbs by cjs ("Source-Bon appétit ...)
I think this would be a great way to introduce fennel at my house. We HAVE had it, I think, in a salad, but not where it is a dominate flavor. Thanks for the recipe, Sharon. Copied and saved.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Fennel sauce & herbs by Gourmet_Mom (I think this would b...)
well, well, just happened to pick up 2 fennel bulbs today....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Fennel sauce & herbs by cjs (well, well, just hap...)
Crap! I forgot to get fennel today - wanted to make a fennel and grapefruit salad. Poo!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!