For Maryann & All Really
  Re: (...)
We're trying to eat a little healthier and I was telling Maryann about two books by Joseph Piscatella and the recipe for French Market soup -

Here are two threads from a while back talking about the books, maybe they'll help all of us, they sure have helped me.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...rt=all&vc=1

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post24243

I hope so anyway. The second thread has Billy being Billy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: For Maryann & All Really by cjs (We're trying to eat ...)
It's funny you bring up the French Market Soup. In the vegetarian thread that Vicci started, I almost posted this, but when I looked it up on MC, I realized it had meat in it. I still haven't made this but will try to get the ingredients for the next cold snap.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: For Maryann & All Really by Gourmet_Mom (It's funny you bring...)
This soup does sound good - it is similar to the 15 bean soup that I make - except for the mung beans. I will have to look for those. Thanks, Jean.
  Re: Re: For Maryann & All Really by (This soup does sound...)
It's a keeper whether you're trying for healthy or not.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: For Maryann & All Really by cjs (It's a keeper whethe...)
I was thinking the same thing, Sonja. I purchased mung beans 30some years ago for sprouting, but I never contemplated adding them to my bean soup.
Jan (aka Half Baked)
  Re: For Maryann & All Really by cjs (We're trying to eat ...)
Great threads Jean. Thanks for digging them up for me. I'll look into both of those books asap! That soup recipe sound really good. Copied and saved.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: For Maryann & All Really by Mare749 (Great threads Jean. ...)
To the tope for Maryann
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: For Maryann & All Really by cjs (To the tope for Mary...)
Thanks again, Jean. I got those books from the library but should probably buy them.

ETA: Ordered from Amazon so should have it in a few days.
In the meantime, I'm going to make the French Market Soup and a loaf of sprouted wheat bread to go with it. I'm thinking that after a week of hospital food, our friend will enjoy something homemade and healthy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."