Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16??
  Re: (...)
Finally got the two books I ordered from C@H - the slow cooker and CuisineLite - so many of the recipes sound so good and Tracie & my granddaughter have already made a few from the Slow cooker book we gave the granddaughter for Christmas and love everything so far.

So, since I have some leftover steak, I'm making the Steak salad with blueberry Vin. I'm making some potato soup today also, so a bowl of that with the salad.

These are good lookin' books!!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by cjs (Finally got the two ...)
Going to my brother and sil's for some seafood lasagna. This should be interesting.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by BarbaraS (Going to my brother ...)
Oh, seafood lasagna sounds soooo good! I think I'll make Lab's stuffed chicken dish.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, seafood lasagna ...)
we're having fish and chips and salad and splitting a small chocolate mousse. I just read a recipe for seafood lasagne in Southern Living.
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by (we're having fish an...)
Loaded Shrimp Hushpuppies, baked salmon, salad of fresh greens and grape tomatoes, and homemade Yummy Chocolate Glazed Donuts for dessert using some of the leftover mashed potatoes from last nights dinner.

Perfect Donut
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by mrsbushaxe (Loaded Shrimp Hushpu...)
Mrs B, the donuts sound great. Something I have never made, and am afraid to..... For fear of eating them all before they even cool.

The soy sauce chicken is on the stove top. Smells great. I never did get to it many days ago because of the back. There will be quinoa on the side and roasted brussel sprouts. I could eat those every day. It is so wonderful being able to cook again. I am almost giddy.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by chef_Tab (Mrs B, the donuts so...)
Decadent!!! Strip Steak au Poivre, Pommes Anna, Creamed Spinach!! The perfect, carnivore, Texas dinner!! Nice Malbec with it.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by Old Bay (Decadent!!! Strip St...)
The Chicken Stuffed with Pepperoni and Fontina was WONDERFUL! I posted a review of the dish in the recipe thread. Jean, Roy would LOVE this! Thanks again Labs!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (The Chicken Stuffed ...)
Today I planned out the entire week for dinner. I made my list and went shopping and only bought what was on my list. My total was about $80 less!!!

Tonight was pan seared salmon with melon Tzatziki, green beans with fresh marinara and pan toasted garlic bread. It was scrump

We're eating healthy now
  Re: Re: Whats for Dinner - Sat. 1/16?? by DFen911 (Today I planned out ...)
Denise, your dinner sounds great! I'm thinking seafood will be the way to go for us to eat healthier. Good thing we love it!
Daphne