ISO - Pork Belly Recipe
  Re: Re: ISO - Pork Belly Recipe (Porchetta) by Gourmet_Mom (Here's a link to the...)
Thanks, Daphne. Got it.

Drat! Can't quite duplicate it, here, since they confit it in duck fat and I could never get that much duck fat, here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: ISO - Pork Belly Recipe (Porchetta) by labradors (Thanks, Daphne. Got...)
Funny, I don't remember seeing the duck fat part in the show. But then it was a Best of.....Show, so it was probably cut from the original.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: ISO - Pork Belly Recipe (Porchetta) by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, I don't remem...)
copied the link - must get back to it, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO - Pork Belly Recipe (Porchetta) by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, I don't remem...)
Perhaps. The name of the dish did start with "confit," though, so you know it has to be SOME kind of oil or fat, but in the video at the link you sent, as they show the chef doing it, Guy says, "We take it out. We're gonna submerge it in duck fat; roast it off two and a half, three hours," and the chef replies, "Or until done." It's around -00:01:52.

Of course, there's also a spot where Guy quips, "You guys do have a heart-paddle kit here, right?" LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: ISO - Pork Belly Recipe (Porchetta) by cjs (copied the link - m...)
The link is "not available" here

We don't have duck fat available here soooo....wish I could be in Scottsdale...Chef james has access to TONS of duck fat. Wendy is doing a turkey dinner tonight for Dad--they use duck fat for the skin to brown a bit better. They have REALLY huge turkeys---25 pounds. My availabilty is more along the lines of 12-15 pounds---Empire. That's it!! They have Butterball-----I'm deprived!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy