What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13???
  Re: (...)
Whooo, the morning is getting away from me. What's everyone up to tonight?

For us, it's fried grits and a grilled steak.

(I can't say anything about last night's dinner, because its review is on Monday, the 18th also)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by cjs (Whooo, the morning i...)
We're doing take out - kitchen is "under construction"
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by (We're doing take out...)
Toasted Garlic Soup (Sopa de Ajo) (Recipe on Messy Cook & FoodBuzz #3 today)
with extra crusty bread and a side salad of romaine and field greens

I need a good dessert idea.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by mrsbushaxe (Toasted Garlic Soup ...)
Banana pudding - we're having leftovers of it tonight. It's been years since I've made it. YUM!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by mrsbushaxe (Toasted Garlic Soup ...)
That soup looks good, Mrs B.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by (That soup looks good...)
I've got the soup made and it smells and tastes as good as it looks. Now, I'm wishing I had made a triple batch so I could freeze some.

Loaf of crusty bread in the oven now. Sadly, it's just a thaw and bake. I was at the dentist this morning for hours and that ate up all my bread baking time.

I've got some heart shaped pink centered peppermint patties I could use on a dessert. Maybe I'll whip out batch of brownies for dessert and top with the a mint.

I'm on it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by mrsbushaxe (I've got the soup ma...)
I started a pot of US Senate Bean soup this morning in the crock pot. Going to make some corn bread and a tossed salad to go with it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by mrsbushaxe (I've got the soup ma...)
Mercy, MrsB....I couldn't do dessert every night! I'm doing good to maintain weight as it is! Sounds good though!

We're having spaghetti with crusty bread and a salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by Gourmet_Mom (Mercy, MrsB....I cou...)
We are having broiled halibut with Meyer lemon sauce, lemon rice, and sauteed spinach. (We have some Meyer lemon we need to use.) We will drink a Blanck Riesling '05 from Alsace, hoping its dry!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 1/13??? by Old Bay (We are having broile...)
Tonight was a celebration dinner - today was my first visit with my new MD and it was amazing. Soooo

Bone in (best flavor) New Yorks, leftover gratin & peas from last night. Oh, just a little ( ) truffle butter on the steaks, which drizzled into the gratin - OMG!!!

I wonder what we'll have for dinner if my new Oncologist is as good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!