Monday Dinner - 1/4??
  Re: (...)
Leftovers - tonight the polish sausage - going to grill most of it, but will boil a small piece to see if it does taste like the old ring of bologna of yesteryear. Macaroni salad

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by cjs (Leftovers - tonight ...)
This is my last night with my younger pregnant daughter and her hubby. I am planning to make the Peruvian Grilled Chicken from our most recent issue. Will have to adjust the rice recipe as sil does not do onions.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by chef_Tab (This is my last nigh...)
Looking forward to your review of the Peruvian chicken, Theresa!

For youngest daughter, were having chicken pot pie. It's one with Campbell's soup mix! She loves it. It's incredibly cold here, same as about the rest of the US. We're at 7°F and it's almost noon!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by HomeCulinarian (Looking forward to y...)
Chicken stuffed with goat cheese, chives and sun dried tomatoes. Asparagus and I'm not sure on another side yet.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by Trixxee (Chicken stuffed with...)
"my younger pregnant daughter" - oh, Theresa, how far away does she live?? When is she due? Will you be able to be with her??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by cjs ("my younger pregnant...)
Jean, she lives in Missouri (where we just moved from)....boohoo. She is due April 2nd and is expecting a boy, my first grandbaby. I am planning to visit for a while after the baby is born to help her out. I am beginning to understand what my mom went through. Thank goodness for webcams. I feel even worse for the other grandma-to-be, she lives in Colombia, South America!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by chef_Tab (Jean, she lives in M...)
Oh Theresa...so far! At least you'll be able to visit for a while. I'm sure she'll enjoy an extra pair of hands.

Tonight is Taco Salad...I've been craving it for days.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by chef_Tab (Jean, she lives in M...)
I'm so happy for you, Theresa, a grandbaby! So far I have 2 grand mini pugs and 3 cats.....

Just roasted a chicken, mainly to make soup. Too cold here, as well.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by pjcooks (I'm so happy for you...)
I made a big pot of chicken soup yesterday for the freezer. We were planning to have steak tonight but just got reconnected with our painter so we have spent most of the day packing our family room into boxes. So, it will be chicken soup. After the family room, he will paint the kitchen. So I am glad that I have the soup, and the chili and pulled pork in the freezer. Will probably start packing up the kitchen tomorrow.

Theresa, I surely am glad that you were able to have your family for the holidays. Enjoy your dinner tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 1/4?? by (I made a big pot of ...)
Swiss steak and mashed potatoes and a salad. I felt like some comfort food as it's been snowing and blowing for days here.

Sally