Re-reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential
  Re: (...)
What a hoot! He is so snarky and funny. "Vegetarians, and their Hezbolla-like splinter faction, the Vegans..."

I like to revisit some books, especially after hearing the authors speak on TV, and re-read them in their own voices.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re-reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential by BarbaraS (What a hoot! He is ...)
Quote:

... splinter faction, the Vegans..."

The way some of them are, "sphincter faction" would probably be more appropriate. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Re-reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think I have mentioned this before, but my first intro into the culinary world was listening to Bourdain read his own book on CD. Chels was still in high school and working in in restaurant kitchens at the time. We listened to it in the car as we drove places. Scared the bejeezus out of me - sending my 17 year old daughter into these types of places!

Bourdain is so classic - and he reads it as only he can. It really would be worth taking it out of the library again, just for the experience of listening and laughing.

And just what did she send me for Christmas . . . the updated edition to have for my very own. I think she figured I would have a few more years of experience under my belt to better appreciate some of the stories. She also sent "Waiting" and "Waiter's Rant."
  Re: Re: Re-reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential by iBcookin (I think I have menti...)
I've done that also. i bought marcus samuelson's book without really knowing anything about him. after seeing him interviewed, I re-read his book again in a whole different light.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.