Just A Freezer Tip....
  Re: (...)
I thought I'd share a tip I've been doing for a while now (since I'm so forgetful!! ) and it sure works for me.

Yesterday and today I slow cooked a chuck roast as a 'Master' recipe for shredded beef. Today, I shredded it and divided the meat into 1 cup portions and the onions (I used 2 medium sized, cut in wedges) I put in 1/2 cup portions - the beef and onion portions were packaged individually and all put in one large plastic bag
[Image: ShreddedBeef1.jpg]

I also went thru my recipes and copied 8 with ideas for using the shredded beef and onions and put these copies in the bag with the beef and onions
[Image: ShreddedBeef2.jpg]

Now, I don't have to search for what I might want to make with my 6 pkgs. of goodies

I have about a quart of wonderful jus that I normally would also freeze up in portions, but I need to make a gravy for the food I'll be taking to my aunt this month. I would freeze the jus in probably 1 cup portions and add to the larger pkg. also so everything about the master recipe is together.

Anyway, thought I'd pass this along.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Just A Freezer Tip.... by cjs (I thought I'd share ...)
Cool idea! I like the idea of packaging the ingredients together with the recipe. I'll be borrowing that idea for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just A Freezer Tip.... by Gourmet_Mom (Cool idea! I like t...)
what a great idea. - simple and easy I need to keep recipes to gether

hope to get better organized this year!!!

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Just A Freezer Tip.... by mjkcooking (what a great idea. -...)
Good, I'm glad I posted this then.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com