Meyer Lemons - Need recipes
  Re: (...)
Ok so a friend came in my office and handed me 5 meyer lemons and they are beautiful!

I do not want these little gems to go to waste and I have never cooked with them.

So anyone have some tried and true recipes? I'm looking for a main dish.

Thank you!!
  Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by DFen911 (Ok so a friend came ...)
You had to know this would come from me, Denise -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lemon Pizza with Red Onion & Rosemary

pizza dough
sprinkle with olive oil
very thinly sliced lemons, tossed with a little granulated sugar (If Meyer lemons, maybe no sugar)
very thinly sliced red onions
minced rosemary

Just out ot the oven, drizzle around crust and over top with olive oil and sprinkle with Maldon salt.

-----

and if you have some left for dessert, I don't think you can do better than this!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

LEMON-LUSCIOUS ICE CREAM*****
Makes ~ 3 1/2 cups

4 lg. egg yolks
1 cup sugar, divided
2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
6 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 T. unsalted butter, softened
pinch of salt
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c milk
4 tsp. vodka, optional (uhhhhh, I used...)
1/2 tsp. Cobasan, optional (did not use)

Have ready near the range a strainer suspended over a medium bowl.

In a heavy nonreactive saucepan, w/a wooden spoon, beat the yolks & 3/4 c. of the sugar till well blended. Stir in the lemon zest, juice, butter, & salt.
Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, till the mixture is thickened & resembles hollandaise sauce; it should thickly coat the wooden spoon but still be liquid enuf to pour.
The mixture willl change from translucent to opaque & begin to take on a yellow color on the back of the spoon. (196°) The mixture must not be allowed to boil or it will curdle. Whenever steam appears, remove the pan briefly from the heat, stirring constantly to keep the mixture from boiling.

When the mixture has thickened, pour it at once into the strainer.
Press w/the back of a spoon till only a coarse residue remains. Discard the residue.

In a med. bowl, combine the cream & milk. Whisk in the remaining sugar till dissolved. Whisk this mixture into the curd. Cover tightly & refrigerate it for at least 1 hour or till well chilled.

Stir in the opt. vodka & Cobasan. Freeze in an ice cream maker. Allow the ice cream to ripen for at least 2 hours before serving. It it has been held longer and is very hard, allow it to sit refrigerated or at room temp. till softened and creamy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

have fun! I sure miss my tree. (hope someone is taking care of Billy's)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by cjs (You had to know this...)
I was going to suggest that you should go to Billy's thread----he had many suggestions for Meyer lemons--I think.

How about a lemon meringue pie--if you like to bake--

I use lemon in so many dishes--I can't think!!! OH OH OH----there is an awesome lemon cream pasta dish that I will try to find----this is to die for!!! Let me know if you want ----not as rich as it sounds!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by Roxanne 21 (I was going to sugge...)
Oh yes Rox thank you

Jean I love the pizza idea too I can find all sorts of desserts but so few main dishes.
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by DFen911 (Oh yes Rox thank you...)
We made that up at a party last summer and it was wonderful - everyone, even the kids liked it.

...and don't forget the thread someone mentioned 100 things to do with Meyer lemons - http://www.latimes.com/features/la-fo-me...ons16jan16,1,217489.story
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by cjs (We made that up at a...)
Creamy Lemon Rice
Jane makes it for serving with fish. Meyers will work beautifully--
4 T butter
1 C long grain rice
Grated zest from one lemon (Meyer)
2 C chicken broth, boiling
1 t salt
2 T fresh lemon juice (Meyer)
1/2 C whipping cream
1 T minced fresh herbs ( we like parsley, dill, and tarragon, but any will do)

Melt butter in med saucepan. Add rice and lemon zest, stir to coat, and cook over med heat for about 5 min. Add hot broth, SLOWLY, and salt. Cover and simmer about 20 min until liquid is absorbed. Stir in lemon juice and cream. Increase heat slightly and stir until most of the cream has been absorbed. Stir in fresh herbs and serve.
This is wonderful served on the side with fish, or with fish mounded on top for a more formal presentation.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by Old Bay (Creamy Lemon Rice[br...)
Gourmet has Meyer lemon recipes for Meyer Lemon Marmalade, Preserved Meyer Lemon, Moroccan Chickan with Preserved Meyer Lemon and Green Olives, Meyer Lemon Curd, and Meyer Lemon "Jam".
A Bon Appetit has Meyer Lemon and Vanilla Bean Marmalade, Roasted Carrots, Parsnips, and Meyer Lemons, and Lamb Chops with Minted Meyer Lemon Compote.
If any of these appeal to you, let me know and I will post the recipes!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by Old Bay (Gourmet has Meyer le...)
That rice sounds really tasty, Bill.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by cjs (That rice sounds rea...)
Bill, I have a recipe very similar to your rice recipe and we LOVE it, especially with fish. I never thought of adding cream. I want to give this one a try...maybe with tomorrow's dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemons - Need recipes by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, I have a recip...)
Man I am so sad now that I only have 6 of these gems