What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29??
  Re: (...)
Have absolutely no idea - what are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by cjs (Have absolutely no i...)
I'm still looking through Mastercook. I have a special cookbook titled Recipes from Friends. So far, pineapple crisp has caught my eye, and I have an 18 hour bread ready for the oven. Other than that, still not sure. Saw a recipe in Real Simple magazine for smoky fish chowder that sounds good. It calls for chorizo and cod. Kind of interesting....that might be the one!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by Mare749 (I'm still looking th...)
I have NO idea. I'm supposed to go to Mom's, but I'm just not feeling like it. I'd rather stay here and play in the kitchen. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have NO idea. I'm...)
Oh, Maryann, I wish I had some bread ready to go in the oven!!

Decided we're going to be good for a few days... so we're having Beef & Cabbage wraps and a little leftover cheeseburger soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by cjs (Oh, Maryann, I wish ...)
I'm going to make the Orange and Beef Stir-fry from the newest CAH issue. It's served on spinach instead of rice. Most of the recipes in the latest magazine are too high in the calorie count for me right now.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm going to make th...)
Have to clean out the freezer----steak....BAD, BAD, BAD!!! (but I don't want to throw this out and Peter's swan song---last of the beef!!!) baked potato and corn on the cob

Also---last piece of that Chocolate torte I made for Christmas dinner (on the 26th with our South African friends as guests---they were really WOWED!!!!)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by Roxanne 21 (Have to clean out th...)
I'm watching Boy Meets Grill right now and the grilled pork tenderloin skewers with a chile dipping sauce looks fantastic. If not today, then definitely tomorrow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by Trixxee (I'm watching Boy Mee...)
Leftove quiche (Bisquick recipe), but right now I'm making Wild Mushroom Soup from the Splendid Soups book. I'm using baby portabellas, thick-cut whites, shitakes, and some chanterelles. This is looking good - I like lots of mushrooms in my soup!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by BarbaraS (Leftove quiche (Bisq...)
We have been invited to a friend's for dinner so it will be a surprise. Today is our 30th wedding anniversary, but we want to wait to celebrate after all the kiddies are gone again. Hubby gave me a laptop for an anniversary gift!!! Mine died about a month ago and we were all fighting over his over the holidays.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 12/29?? by BarbaraS (Leftove quiche (Bisq...)
Quote:

I'm using baby portabellas,

Can't say marketing doesn't work. Since Portobellos are the fully grown mushroom and those became trendy and popular, but only gourmets - not the masses - knew about Criminis (or, as they are called in Europe, "Swiss Browns"), which are the same mushroom - just smaller, someone with some brilliant marketing acumen decided to call Criminis "Baby Portobellos," and now a LOT more people are using Crimini mushrooms without ever knowing that the true name is "Crimini," and not "Baby Portobello."

The funny thing is that the very same species - Agaricus bisporus - when even less mature, so that they are white, instead of brown, are the common, everyday "Button Mushrooms." The difference is just how much time they're allowed to grow.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?