Merry Christmas, Friends! :)
  Re: (...)
Well, after a couple of anxious days, we seem to have gotten the MIL settled in the nursing home (for a hopefully quick stint in rehab before she goes home with her daughter in NJ for a month or two), and it looks as though we may be able to drive to my parents' to spend Christmas Eve with them and then return Chrustmas morning to spend it with DH's mom.

I am bubbling over with excitement (finally! the Christmas Spirit!) and have lots to do before we leave tomorrow morning, so I this will probably be the last time I am able to pop in here and wish you all a

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!

[Image: candle01.gif]
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by foodfiend (Well, after a couple...)
Thanks,Vicci, and Merry Christmas to you as well!

And Merry Christmas to my entire forum family. I may not be able to participate as much as I would like over the next two weeks, but you will all be in my heart and thoughts. Our little apartment is bulging with the kids home and we are all sharing one computer. I am busy cooking everyone's favorite dinners and enjoying every moment we have together because it only happens once a year. Bless you all and may you know the joy I have in my heart right now!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by foodfiend (Well, after a couple...)
Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Vicci, I hope everything goes well with your MIL.

Going to be busy here, too. My friend with the restaurant finally decided everything and got back to me. We shall NOT be doing the full-pig Lechón Asado (there's just been too much rain, lately, and he doesn't want to take a chance of having that not be able to cook in a pit in the ground). Instead, since he's Italian, he'll be making a big bunch of Lasagna. I'll still be helping him cook that night, but today I'll be making two Cheesecakes and two White Chocolate Banana Cream Pies to take there. To add a Christmas touch to the cheesecake, I'm also making a squeezable, red sauce from strawberry jam and a squeezable green sauce from fresh kiwis. Those should be nice on top of each slice.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by labradors ([b]Merry Christmas, ...)
Vicci, I'm glad your MIL is settled in and you can anticipate your planned holiday!

Theresa, your kids are with you? Fantastic, have a wonderful visit!

Labs, those banana cream pies are sounding pretty darn good - haven't made that for a long time!

Well, we got out of Dodge, but woke up to snow here in Eugene, not much further to go, but it over the mountains now, so....I'm not looking forward to Roy waking up and seeing this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by cjs (Vicci, I'm glad your...)
Merry Christmas, all. We're on the road from the 26th-31st to see all the grands, so I probably won't be checking in.

Sally
  Re: Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by lxxf (Merry Christmas, all...)
Merry Christmas Vicci, Theresa, and Sally! I hope I'll be seeing you, Labs and Jean!

Vicci, I am glad to hear you are going to get to be with your family for Christmas and that MIL is doing well.

Theresa...all the kids, huh? OIY! I know you're having a blast, though!

Sally, I hope you will have a safe journey!

Oh my, Jean! The weather man LIED! I've been trying to track your journey and knew it was going to be a close call. Can you detour? PLEASE be careful! And check in!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by lxxf (Merry Christmas, all...)
Merry Christmas to all. Sending best wishes for safe travel for those of you on the roads. Theresa, I am so happy for you having all of your chicks in one place!!
  Re: Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by (Merry Christmas to a...)
Merry Christmas all! We'll be tucked in at the farm - I think we're just going to enjoy it. I've got gingersnaps and a some peppermint marshmallows to make and Bob has requested a mincemeat pie.

Enjoy your families, and know that you are truly blessed - and I feel blessed to have you all as friends.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by Harborwitch (Merry Christmas all!...)
And as we all gather around a nice fire to keep warm, don't forget Nigella's spiked hot chocolate!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Merry Christmas, Friends! :) by cjs (And as we all gather...)
Merry Christmas to all.

We are preparing for everyone to come here -

So will be cooking - a prime Rib Dinner

And be careful as you travel.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.