Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by DFen911 (The trick is making ...)
Well, if you put it that way....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by foodfiend (The egg yolks thicke...)
Do you think like English biscuits?...which are what we call cookies?
Shannon
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by Dismc (Do you think like En...)
Ok I worked with this recipe quite a bit today and finally got it refined to a workable dish.

1 bottle of quality red wine. I used cabernet.
1 box cabaret crackers
nutmeg and cinnamon and lemon rind

Open bottle of wine and let it breathe. Put crackers on a plate.

In a separate bowl put spices and lemon rind, nuke for about 10 seconds to warm and start the aroma. Place on a side table.

Pour glass of wine and nibble on a cracker. Enjoy the aroma of spices and citrus.

Notice empty glass and pour another.

And that's how it works
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by DFen911 (Ok I worked with thi...)
Oh, no...I picked up a bottle of red today and will fix as printed...without the egg. I can't get past the "thick" wine thing....ugh!

BTW, I've had a blast watching movies for the past 24 hours. Tonight is the family fav...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! This movie has been a tradition since it came out. We watch it together EVERY Christmas. We'll watch it again Thursday after we return from the farm...snuggled together on the bed together! I know this is an odd choice, but it SO defines our life...LOL! Dysfunctional is the new tradition! During the day, Thursday, I'll watch White Christmas to my heart's content...it's to be on ALL DAY on AMC!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, no...I picked up...)
Nah. The real top is A Christmas Story. After all, it's a major award. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by labradors (Nah. The real top i...)
I think you've got it, Denise!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by cjs (I think you've got i...)
LOL Daphne Derek and I watched that a couple of days ago (we have it on dvd). Christmas eve we watch White Christmas and tonight we're going to watch Elf.
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by DFen911 (LOL Daphne Derek and...)
Ugh! Can't stand Will Ferrell. I tried watching Elf, but he's just part of that pack of Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughan, Rob Schneider, Steve Carell, et al, who are, for the most part, very UNfunny. Once in a while, Ben Stiller, Jack Black and the Wilson brothers will be okay but, for the most part, their appeal remains with twelve-year-olds.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by labradors (Ugh! Can't stand Wi...)
"their appeal remains with twelve-year-olds." - nice, Labs - have you seen the size of Denise's law enforcement husband???????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this by cjs ("their appeal remain...)
This was a funny thread!! Anon was looking at it - and Denise's husband is still huge, Labs.....
www.achefsjourney.com