Made Jam
  Re: (...)
Well 2009 jam making is done. We only made about 1/2 as much as we usually do. Saturday we made 4 batches of blackberry, Sunday made 19 batches: Raspberry, marrionberry, blackberry-raspberry and rasberry-huckleberry. (is it el or le - I can never rembmer!)

Total 209 jars. Got some cute pictures of the kids helping. If I ever get a computer up and running that can do pictures, I'll post them. Steve and I have been making jam every year for 9 years now. We grow the berries, pick them and freeze then make jam. Usually in November but with the hectic year, we were lucky to get any made this year at all.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Made Jam by esgunn (Well 2009 jam making...)
If I left berries in my freezer for a couple months like that, I wouldn't have any left to make jam with! Well done, Gunn Family! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Made Jam by Gourmet_Mom (If I left berries in...)
Oh my, I do remember those days!! I look at the puny quantity of canning I do now, and wonder if it's worth it - until I open something and it's so much better than purchased.

Another hurray for the Gunn Gang!!

(it's huckleberry.... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Made Jam by esgunn (Well 2009 jam making...)
Wow, Erin, that's a lot of jam!! I'll bet those photos are sweet!!
  Re: Re: Made Jam by (Wow, Erin, that's a ...)
209 jars of jam??? Really??? Wow-- what an incredible accomplishment, Erin (and kids!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Made Jam by foodfiend (209 jars of jam??? ...)
Thanks everyone!! It really is hard to get mentally ready to make that much, but once we are in our groove, it really goes smoothly. And we are always glad we did it!
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Made Jam by esgunn (Thanks everyone!! ...)
I am assuming that you give them as gifts for the holidays? I hope the recipients appreciate the gift!

I remember giving bags of the jams I made as teacher gifts. I always included a note that said I would appreciate the jars back at some point in time - having to purchase that many jars adds up over time.

Personnaly, I would love to receive something that somebody had made with love and who couldn't use jam! And I'll bet they look beautiful all lined up on a table - what a sense of accomplishment. Plus that you raised the berries and picked them. A neat gift all the way around! Good going, Erin, what a nice family tradition those boys will have tucked into their memories!
  Re: Re: Made Jam by iBcookin (I am assuming that y...)
I nominate Erin for mother of the year. As if making that much jam isn't a minor miracle itself, she does it with triplets that she homeschools! I am starting to think "Stepford wife" now.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Made Jam by chef_Tab (I nominate Erin for ...)
Well done, Erin! I'm finding the jam I made is coming in handy as Christmas gifts.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Made Jam by Lorraine (Well done, Erin! I'...)
Finally getting my new computer up and running with all the applications. Here are a few pictures of the kids helping to make jam.

Making Jam
Erin
The time is flying by.