T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11?
  Re: (...)
Since we're having a movie date tonight - just got my copy of Julie & Julia, we're having a living room dinner. Split pea soup from the freezer and sandwiches from the chuck roast I cooked earlier this week. (how did we ever have such great sandwiches before you all got us started on the little sandwich discie things????)

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by cjs (Since we're having a...)
I think I'm making chicken tacos. I'm normally not one for store bought salsa but I was starving the other day at the grocery store and one of those fancy salsas jumped out at me - Desert Trading Co or something and it has olives in it. Very good.

We have my son's annual IEP meeting this afternoon and while I know he's doing great, these things drain me. Tacos may be all I can muster.

Tomorrow however it's braciole. We only make it about once every two years, not sure why because it's so darn good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by Trixxee (I think I'm making c...)
Not sure yet. We would usually go dancing tonight, but Hubby's not feeling well today. Probably some Turkey Noodle soup out of the freezer will be what he wants.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by HomeCulinarian (Not sure yet. We wo...)
I got some good looking scallops at the store. I am thinking of a scampi type dish with them, but not entirely sure yet.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by chef_Tab (I got some good look...)
Good question...the first night of Hanukkah for us....but the big dinner with friends is tomorrow. Maybe some soup and latkes.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by piano226 (Good question...the ...)
YUM! Latkes!

Jeanette, I hope hubby feels better!

Tonight is steak night. I think I'll try Denise's steak trick if William picks up some nice fat ones.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by Gourmet_Mom (YUM! Latkes![br][br...)
salmon baked in mustard/dill/sour cream sauce and spaghetti with toasted sesame oil mayo and scallions. Gotta have something green right?

Sally
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by lxxf (salmon baked in must...)
dill and scallions ~ right on Sally!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by cjs (dill and scallions ~...)
Dill! Scallions! Yum. Two of my favorite veggies.

I've been planning the menu tonight all day - bleu cheese stuffed venison burgers (fresh popcorn bread buns) with grilled onions & red currant jelly with sweet potato fries and ????

Buns are baked, found the red currant jelly, and the freakin' meat grinder is MIA! I hate grinding meat in the food processor - so unless Bob can find the grinder I'll have to figure out something else.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/11? by Harborwitch (Dill! Scallions! Y...)
Okay, so I opened a cupboard and there sat the white plastic food grinder attachment for the KA - not the metal one I was looking for (gave that one to Billy!).

The venison burgers were stuffed with bleu cheese, balsamic glazed onions on top, and red current jelly. Oh my, we started eating before I got the camera out! Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!