storing baklava?
  Re: (...)
I have to get this stuff out of my immediate area!

I will be using about a third of the tray this weekend, but the rest has to stay "giftable" through the end of next week. Should I freeze it? Or wrap tightly and put in a cool place? And, if freezing, should each piece be wrapped separately?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: storing baklava? by foodfiend (I have to get this s...)
hmmmm, I'm thinking flavor wise, it would be o.k. to freeze baklava, but I don't think the phyllo would be crisp as it thaws out.

You've already made it? If not, maybe you could freeze it already prepped and bake at the last minute?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: storing baklava? by cjs (hmmmm, I'm thinking ...)
I freeze baklava all the time. I use the foodsaver for freshness, but If you don't have one, just wrap tightly and freeze. There's no loss of texture or crispness. One of my favorite things to make a big batch of and freeze.
Shannon
  Re: Re: storing baklava? by Dismc (I freeze baklava all...)
'There's no loss of texture or crispness.' - Wow, that's amazing! I'm glad you saw this, Shannon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: storing baklava? by cjs ('There's no loss of ...)
Who woulda thunk? Thanks for the info on the phyllo freezing Shannon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: storing baklava? by Gourmet_Mom (Who woulda thunk? T...)
Thanks Shannon! It has been screaming at me for 2 days now. Once in the freezer, it's little voice will be muffled...

It's actually called Choclava, from this month's Cooking Light, and has Nutella between the layers. I think I'll keep a few pieces out for our anniversary dinner on Thursday.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: storing baklava? by foodfiend (Thanks Shannon! It ...)
My parents got married over the Christmas holiday! Happy Anniversary Vicci and Jack! Hey Vicci, I think you've got the willpower of Hercules! I hope you two have a GREAT anniversary! You ARE going to post pics...right?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: storing baklava? by Gourmet_Mom (My parents got marri...)
Happy (early) Anniversary, Vicci!
www.achefsjourney.com